Forum sponsored by CML

Fantasy Formula 1

RCM&E Mini-League

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Concorde Speedbird23/03/2013 09:46:12
2730 forum posts
649 photos

I didn't, simply because I didn't want him too. If it is dry, Raikonnen, Alonso or Hamilton to win but it probably will be wet at some point, in that case anyone in the top 10 could win.

CS

Kevin Fairgrieve23/03/2013 18:02:22
1622 forum posts
2902 photos

Pole = Correct.

Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Kev

Ian Jones23/03/2013 21:50:11
3219 forum posts
1397 photos

If it turns out wet then I think my driver line up will be wrong. I dropped one the best wet weather drivers and replaced him with one of the worst!

John Privett24/03/2013 11:26:17
6037 forum posts
240 photos

Well, quite an eventful race, even without the rain playing too much of a part in it. Either lucky (or a shame depending how you see it!) that the Red Bulls didn't take each other out as they've done in the past. Mercedes' performance seemed better than expected and not sure about McLaren. If Button's pit stop hadn't got mucked up he could have had a reasonable finish. And pit stops... What went wrong with Team India? And would Lewis have been amongst the Red Bulls if he hadn't visited the McLaren pits? Own goal from Alonso - that lost point from my team and for the predictions.

I'll post the badger results when they appear - I've not done well on my predictions, OK on the cars and not so good with my drivers! We'll see what the results show...

Tony H24/03/2013 11:35:41
846 forum posts
242 photos
I did okay this time I think I should have 126points for this race. When do badgergp post the official points after bbc show the race?
Tony H24/03/2013 11:45:37
846 forum posts
242 photos
Points are now on badgergp. I'm 3rd with 233 points there is joint 1st with 256 points each
Tony H24/03/2013 11:55:46
846 forum posts
242 photos
John p's and roo racers are joint 1st (technically) with 256points each, which should make me 2nd (technically) with 233 points

Edited By Tony H on 24/03/2013 11:56:38

Pete B - Moderator24/03/2013 12:26:19
7628 forum posts
733 photos

Middle of the road for me - Force India let me down badlysad

Fortunately banking on that naughty boy Vettel and some good bonus pts for Vergne keeps me in there...smile

Don't know what to do next - bit of a lottery at the moment, isn't it?teeth 2

Once he's been surfing to think things over, will Webber decide that his future lies elsewhere - and where could he go?

Pete

John Privett24/03/2013 13:14:43
6037 forum posts
240 photos

Ooh, now how close is that? A tie for first between myself and Roos Racers, with TeamTyphoon snapping at our heels! Lots of races left though for that all to change.

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Roos Racers

rk295

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Revers Racing

Pete B

Norfolk Flyers

nss

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Three weeks until China - plenty of time to think about possible team changes - I'm fairly happy with the cars in my team, not so sure about my drivers though... As for predictions, I was banking on the safety car coming out when it rained! And putting Alonso down for a place and fastest lap wasn't such a good idea in hindsight!

Anyone reckon Webber really could move on (to another team) at this stage of the season?

John Privett24/03/2013 13:19:14
6037 forum posts
240 photos
Posted by Tony H on 24/03/2013 11:35:41:
I did okay this time I think I should have 126points for this race. When do badgergp post the official points after bbc show the race?

I don't think bagergp's timing of posting the results varies depending on whether or not the BBC are showing the race live or recorded. I think it really depends on what their admin guy is doing - occasionally they don't get posted until the following day, but that's fairly unusual.

Tony H24/03/2013 13:23:52
846 forum posts
242 photos
John where are you ranked in the main league im 227th I think
Pete B - Moderator24/03/2013 13:29:27
7628 forum posts
733 photos

I can't see Webber getting another seat with any of the competitive teams and even if he went for one of the 2nd or 3rd string teams, he'd be kissing goodbye to any racing success and be used purely for his experience. He's getting on age-wise and there are plenty of youngsters with longer-term potential.

He'll just throw a wobbly and then have to swallow his pride - that way he still has a chance of being near the top of the heap for the remainder of his career.

I think Badger should have another points category - guess the number of front wings Maldonado has to have replaced during a race!teeth 2

Pete

John Privett24/03/2013 15:01:16
6037 forum posts
240 photos

Tony, I was 502nd for Malaysia, and overall 358th out of 2908.

You are listed at 227th for Malaysia and 640th overall.

Just noticed, the highest badger scorer for Malaysia got 8 more points than I got for Australia and Malaysia combined!

John Privett24/03/2013 15:03:31
6037 forum posts
240 photos
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 24/03/2013 13:29:27:

I think Badger should have another points category - guess the number of front wings Maldonado has to have replaced during a race!teeth 2

Pete

I was thinking at one point last season that two new predictions were required... Who will Grosjean punt off at the first corner? and How many laps before Schumacher runs into the back of somebody?wink 2

Concorde Speedbird24/03/2013 17:01:23
2730 forum posts
649 photos

Forgetting our table...

That was the most dejected podium I have ever seen! Good race, but a very interesting one. I have to agree (and feel sorry for) Webber. He drove brilliantly and made the right decisions, and was told in the last stint they were taking the cars home so he was cruising, and we all know what happened next.

Webber has helped Vettel and obeyed the team so many times (Silverstone 2011, Brazil 2012 etc) but Vettel didn't return the favour. I didn't like his radio call at all in the middle of the race either. Although Vettel says sorry, he'll secretly be very pleased with those 7 points, but somehow I think Webber may not be so helpful in the future. Webber's podium comments were good. Had they not received the team orders, I think Webber would have pushed harder and won anyway. But I do think the team favour Vettel, so I would not be surprised to see Webber leave Red Bull at the end of this year, maybe a swap for Hamilton (Hamilton and Vettel at Red Bull, that would be interesting!). I hope that Webber can challenge for the championship, along with the British drivers (looks hard for Button though).

CS

Erfolg24/03/2013 17:30:59
11659 forum posts
1297 photos

I do not think he was cruising when he came out of the pit stop (Webber), what ever he now says. He knew that Vettel was after 1st place. He would have liked to cruise for certain.

What happened is what many fans have thought should be the situation for some time. Although it was apparent and suspected, as David Culthard confirmed, that there have been team orders for many yeas, before the rules permitting team orders.

To some extent, I can see how you as the miscreant could justify his actions. That is Webber backed him up earlier to Louis. I did not want that to happen again, blah, blah. Instead Vettel was shame faced and apologetic.

If I were the team, I think my money would be firmly on Vettel, rather than Webber. Webber being rather lack lustre in general.

If I were Louis's team mate, I would be annoyed. Louis being very much less able to race, being under fuelled. No doubt to gain initial competitiveness, probably doubting they would be there at the end.

Early days yet. Will Alonso come back strongly, I bet he will. I feel for Jenson, short changed by his car. There is still a big question mark with Mercedes, I suspect Rosberg will have the beating of Louis if allowed. I guess the question there is, "which driver winning makes the biggest contribution to the Mercedes brand"?

Robin Kearney24/03/2013 20:33:37
1080 forum posts
183 photos

Joint first, is there anyway I can pass this off as a game of skill rather than luck? I fear not wink I expect this will not continue for very long.

I thought it was a good race today, marred a bit by the politics towards the end. Had to feel sorry for Di Resta and Button both having a torrid time with those damn wheel nuts. Is it a cooincidence or have some of the teams switched to a new design, anybody know?

Felt particulary sorry for Paul because he was comfortably beeting Sutil for most of the time he was on track, I bet Vijay is sobbing into his Kingfisher!

r.

Ian Jones25/03/2013 11:33:43
3219 forum posts
1397 photos

I had a good team but the wheels really came off for me with those pit stop problems. Fortunately my choices still let me pick up enough point to remains at the bottom of the league but far from the bottom of the Fanatasy GP as a whole.

My boys will be back...

John Privett12/04/2013 20:43:43
6037 forum posts
240 photos

OK everybody, now DON'T FORGET YOUR PREDICTIONS!

Qualifying for China starts at 7am tomorrow morning, with some interesting results in the two practice sessions so far.

P1 was headed by the 2 Mercedes, with Red Bull in 3 & 4 - Webber being slightly faster than Vettel. P2 saw Massa set fastest time, ahead of Raikkonen and Alonso. Red bull well off the pace with Webber 5th and Vettel 10th. Can I predict somebody other than Vettel for pole then? teeth 2

So get your predictions in if you haven't already, and set your alarm clocks for tomorrow morning!

Pete B - Moderator12/04/2013 21:19:47
7628 forum posts
733 photos

What a lottery, eh?crookteeth 2

Fortunately, I get the extra hour.......smile d

Pete

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us