7 +1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 390
8 -2 Pitts Specials john stones 387
9 +2 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 355
10 -1 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 350
11 -1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 349
12 +1 teewrex John Tee 326
13 -1 VBT Racing Yorik 308
14 0 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 279

The top 2 are unchanged, but today's biggest move sees me move up to the giddy heights of 3rd, with Pete B and Carl holding 4th and 5th respectively. Other big movers today are mostly downwards... Iqon drops 3 places to 6th and John S 2 places to 8th, but there's a 2 place gain for Kev up to 9th.

And so we move on to Baku in 2 weeks where qualifying will be at 2pm (BST) and the race at 1:10pm. Don't forget your predictions!

McG 696915/04/2018 16:32:57
2125 forum posts
901 photos

Splendid job there, John.

Well, my lowest score since the beginning of the season. At least it confirms that I never was a fan of the ‘energy drinks’. I'm also beginning to 'hate' SCs... surprise wink

Flyer did a splendid job defending the rookies’ honour and is now… euh, ‘flying’ away. Congrats (… and 'thanks RB' maybe?), Ade. yes cocktail

Despite not being a Taurine or SC addict, fantastic job also by Ricciardo and his team’s strategy. Great also how he showed ‘Young’ Max how to overtake safely and efficiently. cool

Cheers

Chris

john stones 115/04/2018 16:33:40
9582 forum posts
1428 photos

Well done John, a weekend to forget for me. crook

iqon15/04/2018 16:38:27
1346 forum posts
237 photos

no no no crying 2. Well done Flyer.

John Tee15/04/2018 16:39:43
634 forum posts
55 photos

My best race score of 131 so chuffed and still not hit my usual bottom spot. Predictions went up the wall but bonus points made up for it. Early season but things look interesting. Don't worry Gary it will get better.

John

Flyer15/04/2018 17:11:51
427 forum posts
52 photos

blush Just goes to prove that this is all down to luck. I knew I should have bought that lottery ticket!

I'm also getting a nosebleed....... 

Cheers 

Ade

Edited By Flyer on 15/04/2018 17:14:59

Edited By Flyer on 15/04/2018 17:19:20

Pete B - Moderator15/04/2018 18:26:13
7430 forum posts
708 photos

Nice to see you on top of the podium, John - a just reward for your admin efforts through the season!thumbs up

Back to my usual standard with just two predictions this week....face 24

Big question - is the Baku track wide enough for Max?.......teeth 2

Pete

McG 696915/04/2018 18:35:35
2125 forum posts
901 photos

... only ONE possible answer, Pete...

... NEEN - that's his native language - NOPE, NADA, NON, NEIN, etc... surprise

... that 'city trip' will really be a hard one for our predictions, I'm afraid.

+1 for John's admin efforts through the season indeed. yes

Cheers

Chris

John Privett15/04/2018 18:47:34
5700 forum posts
219 photos

Thanks everybody for your kind words.

Pete - I didn't do much better than you with my predictions - I only got 3. The difference was that for once each driver and car in my team scored something, even if one element of the team only scored 1 point!

Now Baku, yes I think that is going to be a tough one for predictions, and perhaps they can widen the track for Max. Not sure they'll manage that in 2 weeks though, probably need to move a few buildings to achieve it....

Pete B - Moderator15/04/2018 19:00:00
7430 forum posts
708 photos

Ah, the difference was that all of my drivers and cars finished - which is a real rarity - but not enough of them scored points!teeth 2

Pete

john stones 116/04/2018 15:39:00
9582 forum posts
1428 photos

Looked at maybe tweaking my team, prices have gone up for those I have, can't see how I can alter owt. crook

Predictions, I ain't doing so good, SC's, not allowed to swear so no comment.

iqon16/04/2018 15:58:02
1346 forum posts
237 photos

I notice they have changed the bonus prediction, maybe slightly harder to predict

McG 696927/04/2018 19:26:35
2125 forum posts
901 photos

Well, nearly back there again, gents.

@ Iqon > yep, now my predictions will really suffer. But then they always did so far. Anyhow, if Stoffel misses his start again, he could still surprise us once more...

Will Mad Max be 'softer' with his colleagues?

Will the Red German be nicer with his Silver opponent?

Will the Taurine-boys show us that Adrian designed the 'still-best-chassis' around?

Will Lewis get back to the 'top-of-his-game'?

Don't think too much after the last practice tomorrow ...

Cheers

Chris

Erfolg27/04/2018 19:53:13
10897 forum posts
1038 photos

We are all so close together with the points scored, have we all got similar teams, may be similar predictions?

My question is (after having a Friday night drink) will Lewis demand that his team mate, move out the way, back a driver up, and so on?

I do not think that Stirling would ask those questions, other drivers in their pomp, the Sennas, or Schumachers would not need to. Our Jacky or Mansell would fight it out on their own merits. I guess I am to old school.

I may be in a minority, I want Ferrari or maybe Red Bull, to plant one on Mercedes nose.

Flyer27/04/2018 20:38:07
427 forum posts
52 photos

Really difficult one to predict. Trying to find an octopus to help me..........

Think it really is a lottery this week.

Doubt my luck will hold another week.

Goodluck lads

Ade

John Privett27/04/2018 21:56:07
5700 forum posts
219 photos

So, octopuses (octopi?) and lotteries...

Hmmm, the circuit should probably favour Mercedes, but if P2 is anything to go by it doesn't! Red Bull fastest, from Ferrari, with Vettel back in 11th. I think the only certainty here is that any moment now I'm going to remind you;

Don't forget your predictions!

But what to predict? I'm going to go and predict something now, and be ready to change my mind if P3 throws up anything new!

[Exits stage left scratching head and mumbling incoherently]

Edited By John Privett on 27/04/2018 21:56:48

David Holland 227/04/2018 22:54:55
163 forum posts
7 photos

I can't help it, I've been biting my tongue for about 3 hours now after reading Mr Brotherton's post. You mean Lewis is going to demand that Valt is ordered aside like Merc did with Rosberg? " the schumachers and Sienna's would not need to".....selective amnesia? If you need a German, well Austrian, driver to revere you could do much worse than Nicki Lauda certainly not one who never had a team mate who was allowed to race him. I'm with you on Stirling, Jackie and Nigel but you omitted the best there has ever been, Jimmy Clark.

Rant over, goodnight and enjoy fp3, quali and the race.

David, donning tin hat and ducking below the parapet.

Erfolg27/04/2018 23:45:13
10897 forum posts
1038 photos

Now there was a really outstanding driver.

In reality, in the past there was no in cockpit communication, so we will never really be certain what some of the drivers in the past could have said.

We have all known for a long time that there has been team orders. You can debate if the orders were to further the interests of the team or a specific driver.

We recently became aware that teams have as long suspected, agreed strategies internally, as to how the drivers would race under certain circumstances, and what was not acceptable after certain points in a race.

With Rosberg it became very apparent how relationships would be at least soured or broken if those agreements were not honoured.

In all honesty, Lewis is the only driver that I recollect that has demanded that a team driver is moved out of the way, or on one occaison demanded that his team driver back up and on other to impeded another driver for his benefit. Recently after one demand, his head mechanic told Lewis what he wanted would not happen. Again in all honesty I cannot recollect any other driver asking at least publicly for such actions. Although again I suspect that many of these things are unspoken behaviours. I have heard some drivers say, that there team mate is holding them up, no doubt a subtle way of asking , can the other driver let them by, be it on the grounds of differing strategies or another spurious reason.

I was also surprised when on Rosberg leaving Mercedes and a suggestion was made that Vettel could be his team mate, the reply being, not whilst I am in this team. I wondered if that meant he would leave, or he had a veto, if such a thing had come to pass.

Edited By Erfolg on 27/04/2018 23:46:17

McG 696928/04/2018 06:07:41
2125 forum posts
901 photos

I think the plural form is 'octopussies', John. But then I'm not that sure and one might have to check it. angel

Good luck with the 'teammates', gents.

Cheers

Chris

Erfolg28/04/2018 15:51:41
10897 forum posts
1038 photos

Well Lewis has cost me at least on bonus point.

I was thinking as to why we all seem to be not a million miles away from each other in points by the end of a season. I now think it is not surprising. Because we all are limited to the spend, we all naturally go for the most successful team and driver from the previous season. Thereafter we make similar assessments for the next places until we have spent up and filled the team allocations.

I do not know how the point system works, but i guess if my team does well, all of your teams do well, the same being true when my team fails so does every one elses. So when 5 of my team cars did not finish, it was probably the same for the rest of the league.

I now think that my predictions are pants, and that is where possibly the league is essentially won and lost. So Lewis's not getting pole, was probably mirrored by many others.

I am pleased though that the gap between Mercedes and the rest has narrowed to some extent, as this potentially does provide a race, where outcomes are possibly not as certain as last year, although it is early days yet.

I must do a 100 lines, "you will not forget your predictions, and give them some thought", in the hope that i learn something about how this league actually works.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues