Forum sponsored by CML

bought a power analyser today HELP NEEDED

GS power analyser problem question

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Adrian Day08/03/2013 19:37:32
351 forum posts
101 photos

Received this today POWER ANALYSER Have plugged all wiring in and for some reason beeps at me and the screen just says TWO METER thats it nothing else ... anyone know if this is right as for some reason there is a lack of instructions in how to use
Be very greatful for any help possible
Regards
Adrian

WolstonFlyer08/03/2013 19:51:19
2104 forum posts
189 photos
It looks very similar to the Hobbyking HK-010 power analyser.

They are a two function device, watt meter or lipo capacity and balance checker.

You connect to the balance port for the lipo check and balance OR install the device between the lipo and the esc to use it as a watt meter, but you cannot use it for both functions at the same time.

This video might help.
Link
Allan Bennett08/03/2013 19:59:43
1596 forum posts
44 photos

Do you get the menus -- Lipo check, Lipo balance, etc. -- when you power it up? I have a similar one (not the same make) which needs you to plug in the battery balance leads if you want to check a battery. If you don't it just beeps and gives a screen message "CONNECT BATTERY".

If you have connected the balance plug, are you sure it's wired the right way round? There are some, I believe, which can be made to plug into the wrong type of balance connector.

Adrian Day08/03/2013 20:06:23
351 forum posts
101 photos

thank you for the info than that looks pretty much the same one..... for some reason there isnt any menu at all.... its just flashing TWO METER and beeping... not giving me anything weather its connected as balance or as standard power wire there isnt anything at all ????

that is what has lost me
Adrian

WolstonFlyer08/03/2013 20:26:52
2104 forum posts
189 photos
Perhaps it is faulty, I would get in touch with Giantshark.
John Olsen 108/03/2013 20:49:19
446 forum posts
23 photos

Mine, bought from the LHS, does say "Two meter", but I think then goes to the menus...I'll plug it in later today and check. I have the instructions and will scan them later, we are about to go flying here in sunny Auckland. You might like to send me a personal message with an email address for me to send that to.

John

Dave Bran08/03/2013 21:50:06
1898 forum posts
5 photos

Mine, plug a battery to the balance port, goes "Two Meter" for two seconds.

then to a four way menu, Watt, LiPo, LiFe and LiIo.

Adrian Day09/03/2013 00:03:03
351 forum posts
101 photos

thank you all for your comments i have msg GS to see what's happening i will PM you John thank you will send you my email.. hope you have a great day's flying
i don't seem to have anything working it just keeps going have put in on for 5 mins and no menu pops up and none of the buttons work either...
for some reason

don't know if its because of the battery I'm using don't think it should make any difference

kind regards Adrian

Dave Bran09/03/2013 05:47:23
1898 forum posts
5 photos

I'd assumed you had tried a number of cells, but your last suggests you have not? If so it would be prudent in case the one you are trying IS the cause through voltage, a faulty balance lead, connector, etc. It should not be, but thats not proof.

Also, I forgot to say that the unit beeps once on connecting a 3S Lipo at the time the "Two Meter" title appears.

Allan Bennett09/03/2013 08:13:40
1596 forum posts
44 photos
Posted by Adrian Day on 09/03/2013 00:03:03:

... don't know if its because of the battery I'm using don't think it should make any difference ...

The only way the battery could make a difference is if it's too low voltage -- the spec. says the meter needs at least 7.2v.

Panther09/03/2013 09:07:07
76 forum posts
9 photos

I have the Hobby King one and there is no 'Two Meter' reading on it anywhere. It should open to a Menu as soon as you plug a battery or power supply into it. I think it is faulty for sure.

Adrian Day09/03/2013 15:14:31
351 forum posts
101 photos

thank you everyone for you help on this... i have just had a friend over who has put a large 6s on and its gone into mental mode bleeping and screeching screen flashed two meter then a menu popped up ... its now working fine with the batteries i have here ... it seems ok so far... thanks also to john Olson for send me the instructions for setting everything up ... perfect... now happy ... just have to test everything now ... looking forward to the out comes

Regards to you all ..
Adrian

Edited By Adrian Day on 09/03/2013 15:15:55

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us