Durafly Mk24 Spitfire

New model from Hobby King

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
WolstonFlyer23/03/2013 15:15:03
2104 forum posts
189 photos
Stuey

Paypal use a different (more up to date possibly) exchange rate than the conversion to pounds on the HK website.

I always use the US dollars price on HK and convert it to pounds using a currency exchange website before ordering from HK and seeing the paypal conversion to pounds.

Codename-John23/03/2013 15:17:38
1087 forum posts
18 photos

Plus Paypal adds a percentage on to exchange it aswell

stuey23/03/2013 15:37:20
602 forum posts
12 photos

I see, so you are not paying in Sterling even if you order through the UK warehouse. Would be nice to actually see the price properly without having to use converters etc. Thanks for the info.

Codename-John23/03/2013 15:53:09
1087 forum posts
18 photos

The UK warehouse is just a distribution centre really Stuey, your still buying it through the same HobbyKing account as you would from Hong Kong, which is based wherever, they just send it to you from UK is all. I think even if you went to pick it up from the warehouse you cannot buy it from there, you still have to make the purchase over tinternet

Edited By Codename-John on 23/03/2013 15:53:40

Colin Leighfield23/03/2013 19:23:06
5952 forum posts
2492 photos

Mine is costing £117-50 including carriage, if it's as good as it looks I think that's good value.

Josip Vrandecic -Mes23/03/2013 19:32:44
2993 forum posts
260 photos

Thanks Dale ....amazing landing of Seafire....thumbs up Rgds Joe

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 23/03/2013 19:33:09

Eamonn Fahey27/03/2013 21:26:22
529 forum posts
58 photos

For anyone who is interested, I recieved this e-mail from Hobby King to-day. Nice customer service.

Dear valued customer,

The Durafly Mk 24 Spitfire that you have recently purchased was advertised as coming with a spare propeller.
Due to a mix-up, it turns out that your 'spitty' has not been shipped with this second propeller.

To rectify the situation, we will be sending you a spare propeller in a separate package. This will be done automatically, free of charge and requires no further action on your part.

We apologise for the mix-up and appreciate your custom.

Kind regards,
HobbyKing Support Team

Colin Leighfield27/03/2013 22:02:43
5952 forum posts
2492 photos

Eamonn, I've had the same message. Haven't put it together yet, but it looks very promising!

Eamonn Fahey27/03/2013 22:41:06
529 forum posts
58 photos
Posted by Colin Leighfield on 27/03/2013 22:02:43:

Eamonn, I've had the same message. Haven't put it together yet, but it looks very promising!

Hi Colin, Got mine today. I have only opened the box & had a feel of all the parts. Really amazing value and the packing is excellent with no damage. I may do a few photos tomorrow. Enjoy your model - I think I will enjoy mine. thumbs up gift

GrumpyGnome28/03/2013 15:33:00
505 forum posts
145 photos

Mine arrived yesterday morning and was completed, including adding a dab of paint, some soldering and scavenging a receiver, in about 3 hours. Says 40 mins on the box but I'm quite a slow builder.

It arrived with a wet corner, where postie had balanced it to knock the door but looked in one piece.

Opening it up showed just two very very minor things - a flap had become detached (just clip it back on!) and a piece of the polystyrene box was broken. And I needed to replace the battery terminals on the esc with 4mm bullets.

The plan itself is very very impressive - motor, esc, servos, electric retracts, slow deploy flaps, lights, all necessary Y-leads etc. - all for under £120 including delivery.

It went together easily, with the only slight problem being one aileron binding on a flap - easily solved with a few swipes of a permagrit block on the flap.

It's now sitting waiting for the wind to drop.............sad hopefully can let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, I'll put piccies in my gallery - it really is beautiful.

GG

Colin Leighfield28/03/2013 18:12:51
5952 forum posts
2492 photos

More good news then GG! I've received another email from HobbyKing with a correction on the cg position as well. They're also offering a download of the revised manual. I imagine that you and Eamonn will have received the same.

GrumpyGnome29/03/2013 08:15:12
505 forum posts
145 photos

Yep, got that mail too.

For anyone else that doesn;t get the mail, balance point is at 70mm froem leading edge, NOT 120.

GG

Eamonn Fahey29/03/2013 20:35:43
529 forum posts
58 photos

A few photographs for anyone interested.

036.jpg

A look at the box top.

038.jpg

Box contents.

039.jpg

Second Layer.

061.jpg

Quality Control label. I have never seen on of these on a Durafly Kit - nice touch.

046.jpg

Propeller & Spinner.

043.jpg

Horizontal Stabilizer with elevator joiner.

045.jpg

Radiator Covers, Air Intake & Wing Fairings.

047.jpg

Guns & Aerial.

055.jpg

The only thing I didn't like is the gap between the spinner and fuselage.

GrumpyGnome06/04/2013 11:26:40
505 forum posts
145 photos

Maidened mine this morning.............. it was only -1 and most of the snow's melted ......

Looks great on the ground but even better in the air! Some people will no doubt want more power but it seems about right for 'scale' flight. Loops well, rolls well, very impressive low speed handling, flaps make real difference to speed but little impact on attitude. Lights surprsingly bright !

Unfortunately nosed over on landing and broke the prop on the frozen ground Best order a handful.

Recommended - a bargain really.

GG

GrumpyGnome13/04/2013 15:59:29
505 forum posts
145 photos

Just a brief update for anyone that's broken a prop ............ don't get frustrated that HK don't have any in stock - the other 4 bladres from the series (F4U / Mustang) fit fine. The F4U one has stickers on it but it works the same .

Still love mine and am very pleased with it. And pleasantly surprised that the retracts are standing up well.

GG

Colin Leighfield13/04/2013 20:13:23
5952 forum posts
2492 photos

I had a problem when I came to assemble mine. A flap was loose in the wing bag because one of the plastic clips had broken off the fixing glued to the wing. The broken piece of clip was in the bag as well. It looked as if it had been forced during assembly.

The help at HK seems to be good, when I reported it I had a response from Vin. They supply a spare flap set which includes the fittings, so it looks as if I will be getting one of those. I'd rather fix it myself than mess about sending things back.

It's slowed things down a bit but I've been busy finishing off my Tucano on the mass build thread, so it doesn't matter. It's nice to hear that everyone seems to be pleased with this plane, so I look forward to finishing it off, soon I hope!

Ingo Ortner21/04/2013 00:15:00
1 forum posts
5 photos

hi

check out my custom version of the durafly spitfire as the seafire

It isn`t finished on the pictures,I lately added wingtanks and when the

decals arrive I will get them placed right.

I shot amazing airial footage with my DJI Phantom today and will post it as soon i

am done with cutting it.

Hope you enjoy it,cheeersimg_4515.jpgimg_4520.jpgimg_4525.jpgimg_4527.jpgimg_4528.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us