By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Transmitter tray for cold weather flying

Anyone know of a source?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Devon Flyer02/04/2013 20:47:27
622 forum posts

I'm trying to source a transmitter tray for a flying buddy.

He specifically wants one that has a clear ,hard plastic, dome type cover - NOT the soft Turnigy style 'Transmitter Glove'.

I remember seeing some being advertised a while ago, but cannot for the life of me remember where. A Google search has proved fruitless.

Anyone got any ideas of where I might get one?

Ta - DF

Andy Palmer02/04/2013 21:10:34
261 forum posts
111 photos

This one? **LINK**

Former Member02/04/2013 21:10:46

[This posting has been removed]

Alwyn Gee02/04/2013 21:31:04
194 forum posts
4 photos

Alternatively make your own for about £3.00. Go to your local home bargain store and pick up a plastic chopping board. a couple of eye bolts from Screw Fix and a few 2" X 3/16 bolts nuts and washers. Cut the board to length & shape if you want, (if its one with the hand hold in one end cut that end off. Bend and fit the eye bolts to the lower edge with some rubber tube over them. Use the off cut piece to make wrist rests and fix with bolts using multiple nuts and washers so you can adjust them to your comfort. Stick some foam on these for comfort too. Use whatever method you fancy to secure trannie to base. I used a couple of undercarriage clamps set so that the trannie handle snaps underneath and also have a slot in the base with a velcro tie round the handle for security.  This then fits inside my Turnigy transmitter muff.  You may have to modify it slightly to let the eyebolts out.  With mine I just dont zip it fully up and it's fine.


transmitter tray.jpg

Edited By Alwyn Gee on 02/04/2013 21:35:15

Shaunie02/04/2013 22:04:51
951 forum posts
78 photos

I've got one that sounds like it may fit the bill, it's called a "trany tec" although it's often mis-spelled with two n's. Just google the name. Don't where it came from though as it was a gift. I use it without the cover as a simple tray, note to self, must get the cover fitted to see if it keeps my fingers warmer!


Devon Flyer02/04/2013 22:27:27
622 forum posts
Posted by Percy Verance on 02/04/2013 21:10:46:


They used to be offered by a company called MRM Plastics, but I don't know if they still sell them.

That's the one I was thinking of Percy..............many thanks.


Essjay03/04/2013 11:06:19
578 forum posts
1 photos

Looks like they're still available at Sussex Model Centre:

Edited By Essjay on 03/04/2013 11:07:24

Devon Flyer03/04/2013 15:41:52
622 forum posts

Thanks Essjay, I'll pass the link on to my flying buddy. thumbs up

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

 Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!