See here......

Jim Carss22/05/2013 09:59:13
2066 forum posts
80 photos

Looks good

kc22/05/2013 13:30:21
5962 forum posts
168 photos

I am not convinced this is a good deal.......pay 10 pounds and then wait for a card to come etc etc. I will keep my 10 pounds in the bank, let me know what you get for your 10 pounds Steve......

There is such a thing as a free lunch but no such thing as free petrol in my experience.

Anyway you can get a Shell loyalty card free if you want one but you need to buy 500 litres to get 2.50 off petrol. About 2 percent discount! Better to shop around for the cheapest petrol I think.

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator22/05/2013 17:16:29
6716 forum posts
189 photos

Well its a free world kc so you must do as you see fit but this does seem a genuine win-win situation. Just ordered one for me & one for my wife so thats £20 of free petrol.....oooo thats nearly three gallons....smile p

Peter Miller22/05/2013 18:24:15
10076 forum posts
1192 photos
10 articles

I had an offer of money off Shell fuel fom Waitrose.

The problem was that your had to buy 25 litres of fuel. I sometimes get the same sort of offer from BP Double Nectar points if I buy more than 25 litres.

The problem is that my car only has a 16.5 litre tank.

Of course it does do well over 80 to the gallon.

kc22/05/2013 19:45:43
5962 forum posts
168 photos

Well Steve let me know when you get your free petrol so I can kick myself! But if you lose your 10 quid or have to buy lots more petrol at an inflated price to get your money back then I will be glad I saved mine for some small aeromodelling goodie!

By the way my maths were wrong Shell's 2.50 off the price of 500 litres is around 0.39 percent discount when I come to calculate it. I think I may get more by using a Tesco Clubcard to buy petrol.

I was also wrong in saying I never experienced free petrol.......I had forgotten that .back in 1973 when petrol was 30 pence a gallon my car ran out of petrol in the far outer wilds of Ipswich and a resident came out and asked what the problem was, syphoned a bucket of petrol from his own car and put in mine. When I got my wallet out to pay him he completely refused -he was an American from the local airbase and said they got it cheap and were not allowed to sell it as it was against the rules. He said it has to be a gift. All I could do was thank him profusely. A real gentleman and a typical American gesture.

Peter your answer is to get a petrol can and build large petrol models

crispin church22/05/2013 20:29:14
442 forum posts
102 photos

well the nearest shell to me is 25miles in the sticks proberly charges 5p more a ltr

but if you got one on your door step thats a good price go for it

bet you see next shell gone bust and the creditor got some money back on the cards they sold

kc23/05/2013 11:21:40
5962 forum posts
168 photos

Shell will give you a card free, but it seems it's not Shell but somebody else that sells you a card with points already on for 10 pounds.

Anybody remember Hoover free flights?

Percy Verance15/09/2013 20:22:26
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Of course we could all buy a Nissan Leaf. Even that may have it's problems though. A new battery pack (estimated to last about 4 years) costs around £12000. And, while Nissan proudly claim a range of 120 miles or so on a full charge, there's absolutely no mention in the handbook of the fact that using the lights or heater will drastically shorten the range........

I'll stick with infernal combustion for now I think........

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator15/09/2013 20:56:51
6716 forum posts
189 photos

I'm sure they said the same thing about petrol powered cars when they first appearded Percy......" Oooooo they'll never catch on....I stick with my horse & cart thanks" Now look where we are....

Just to update everyone the Shell petrol vouchers finally arrived last week...so I have spent £10 & have got £20 to spend on Shell petrol, just as advertised......didn't half take some faffing around though & you can see how long it took...22nd May I posted this so thats nearly 4 months....sad

Paul Marsh15/09/2013 21:20:52
3669 forum posts
1040 photos

£10 won't even move the needle/gauge on my car. There's no such thing as a free lunch. The best way to get free stuff is to steal it! Some try, and seem to get away with it. Get caught, though and get a free holiday.Double bonus.devil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us