Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Harris26/05/2020 15:58:39
2168 forum posts
2013 photos

A little more footage taken yesterday of the Revolver 3, this time fitted with the standard 3 blades. Handled the blustery conditions really well and I prefered it to the 2 blade configuration, as confidence grew I did tighter close in turns. Looking forward to taking it out in calmer conditions later in the week all being well.

I will leave like this, however I am thinking that a larger version may be on the cards.

Chris Dowell27/05/2020 02:40:44
131 forum posts
52 photos

Rich...larger version?? did you not publish the larger version...??

Chris...

Trevor27/05/2020 08:17:47
442 forum posts
57 photos

I flew my Revolver 2 again yesterday (standard version, none of this daring 'look, no tail' stuff!). I'm happy with the setup once it's airborne but the takeoffs are still hairy. The takeoff run seems to continue well beyond the point where the rotors are up to speed. Then, when it does unstick, it rears up sharply. So far it has survived unscathed (I think I push both sticks fully forwards) but it is rather alarming.

I'm wondering this is a technique failure on my part or whether there is a simple cause of this behaviour (too short a nosewheel perhaps?)

TIA

Trevor

Edited By Trevor on 27/05/2020 08:18:19

Chris Dowell27/05/2020 09:59:09
131 forum posts
52 photos

Trevor

This is usually a symptom of the main wheels being to far to the rear of the model. It stops the model from pivoting. I have had the same problem on several models. When the model finally does come unstuck .it can be found to jumps into the air almost vertically and can be a handful. I would suggest that you bend the U/C to get the wheels further forward.

Chris...

Richard Harris27/05/2020 11:55:12
2168 forum posts
2013 photos

Trevor,

Could be your angle of attack when its on its wheels also, I prefer mine to be parallel or with the nose higher if at all possible. If its not quite right we tend to pull back on the rotors to which there is then a sudden pitch up, you will know when its right as the nose wheel will go light. If you watch my last video again you can just make out this before I commit to more power for the ROG.

Easiest way to achieve this would be to fit a larger diameter nose wheel or spread out the rear UC a touch?

Another reason could be that your thrust line is a tad high which may be keeping the nose wheel tight down until the lift overcomes this force.

Either way its always best to try one thing at a time, would be interested to hear how you get on?

Rich

Trevor27/05/2020 12:35:40
442 forum posts
57 photos

Thankyou both. As you say Rich, a bigger nosewheel would be the simplest mod to try, so I’ll report back when I’ve had a chance to try that.

Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models)27/05/2020 18:10:37
299 forum posts
103 photos
Posted by Richard Harris on 28/08/2019 21:08:32:

Talking of videos here is the small amount of footage I captured of your first flight with an autogyro including the landing.

Rich

Hi Richard and Gyro Guys

I really enjoyed this thread. I speed read in places, really enjoyed the video with (is it) David's first landing of his first Gyro flight. Such a super reaction to the flight. Its that 'first' landing feeling. It can't be beat. The first landing on the strip, the first with a Jet and the first indoors and so on. You just cant beat those feelings.

I haven't seen you for a while Rich, I'm at home shielding. I didn't get much flying ( indoor) before the lock down and so I am suffering withdrawal now. Have you still got that little Diesel engine? You know the one... the little Mills.

I just got myself a 050 Replica ED Racer from Alex Fin - Amazing.

Take Care

Steve

Richard Harris28/05/2020 09:45:58
2168 forum posts
2013 photos

Hi Steve,

Good to hear your safe, I still have the Mills but it hasn't flown this year as yet, I need to build a new model for it really. Have not long bought a 030 redfin for an up coming project, looks to be well made.

Do yo still have the DAG?

Rich

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!