By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Are you a flyer or a builder?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: New Poll - are you mainly a flyer or builder?

Flyer  
15%

Tend fly  
22%

Builder  
7%

Tend build  
27%

Both equal  
28%

(479 votes)

Turbycat13/06/2013 22:02:22
594 forum posts
55 photos

Strictly a flyer. I've attempted to build 3 planes over the years. Only my lastest Delta project got off the ground and the wings for that were cut and laminated by somebody else so I only had cut control surfaces, rudder and fin. Not even I could cock that up. The only problem with the delta was when I found the fuel tank had split and the foam gave up!! Strictly an artf assembler. I'll fly any chance I get which is good as I only live about 3 miles from my site and have access to another only a few more minutes away.

Andy

Lindsay Todd13/06/2013 22:59:28
1739 forum posts
1805 photos

More and more a builder, I generally get to fly these days probably no more than a few days a month, but I do take advantage and get a full days in not just a couple of hours. Building however is a different story and I always have at least one project on the go and chewing over the next one in my mind. I tend to find once a model has flown I am itching to get on with the next its sometimes almost an anticlimax so I guess I fit in the builder catagory more than any other. Linds

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!