All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Houghton 111/06/2013 21:02:03
1897 forum posts
128 photos

i12fly11/06/2013 22:08:34
586 forum posts
21 photos

Brilliant, are you sure it wasn't trying to mate? It is the season after all. Saw a red kite at our site in mid Derbyshire for the first time this weekend. Got a low fly pass from the BBMF Lanc and C47 too. It was our annual barbeque day and really topped it off. Superb. What more could you wish for......

Terry Walters12/06/2013 09:45:40
1829 forum posts
1068 photos

Thanks Steve - really great to see. I get the occasional interest of Buzzards and now and again a Kite out here and it always gives me a thrill to be interacting with one of these magnificent flying machines!

I found it fascinating to see how much the Red Kite had to streamline itself to stay with your bird - have you thought about converting it to swing wing???

Terry

Erfolg12/06/2013 11:45:01
11502 forum posts
1259 photos

Yes, worth seeing, pity it was so short.

Geoff Jackson12/06/2013 13:28:54
160 forum posts
3 photos

Good to see after all the rubbish thats spouted about us interfering with wildlife,nesting birds etc. Experience shows that most birds are more curious than anything. Excellent bit of film!

Steve Houghton 112/06/2013 20:37:12
1897 forum posts
128 photos

Glad you all liked the film. The plane wasn't mine but belonged to that great master of the EPP Glider designer, builder and racer, Ron Broughton, who was in Wales at the weekend visiting relatives and taking part in the F3F comp on The Bwlch.

I think many of us slope soarers have seen other birds of prey take an interest in our planes, and I have had many buzzards but also been seriously harassed by a pair of Perigrin Falcons whilst flying off Rame Head in Cornwall. To say that was spectacular is an understatement.

This is part of the reason why I enjoy sloping so much. Its totally fab!

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.com

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us