By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Priory Models Silhouette

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Iceyfan15/06/2013 23:49:21
4 forum posts

Can anyone help me with a cowel for my much loved but sad looking silhouette?

I built it 20 yrs ago , and after an 18 yr layoff I have brought it back to life, but the cowel is a real mess due to a disagreement with the height of a stone wall which happened to be at the approach end of the landing strip !

its one of those models that feels like a friend when you take it flying, and I have many happy memories of it so I've completed a front end rebuild, but the cowel is beyond even my labours of love.

i'm happy to pay for one , if any one can help.

PatMc16/06/2013 10:35:18
4222 forum posts
521 photos

Priory used to sell the cowl as a replacement part. I don't think they have a website but they might be contactable via the tele number on the kit instructions or at one of the shows.

BTW I always thought their cowl was one of the worse examples of fibre glass mouldings around.

Kevin Fairgrieve16/06/2013 16:41:28
1598 forum posts
2856 photos

My very second hand cowl from my Ssihoutte (sadly no more) has found a new lease of lifo on my scaled up Mini Jazz..

p2191143.jpg

You still see them trading at shows and the like, but no WWW presence.

Kev

Iceyfan17/06/2013 14:56:37
4 forum posts

Thank you, I hadn't realised they were still around at all,so I'll have to get myself to some shows ( Oh that will be a chore...not!).smile d

Chris Bott - Moderator17/06/2013 15:12:40
6668 forum posts
1382 photos
1 articles

Icey, Priory Models are mentioned on this webpage. No idea how old the information is, but there is a phone number.

Iceyfan17/06/2013 17:43:19
4 forum posts

Chris, that's great, I've just spoken to him and he's making me a new one for £7 + postage.

thats just made my week !

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us