By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

proxxon tools micro band saw

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ben goodfellow 117/06/2013 20:21:59
1069 forum posts
41 photos

hi,all does anyone have a proxxon mbs 240e , and are they any good , thinking of getting one as i thing it would be more useful than a scroll/fretsaw

Andy4818/06/2013 11:38:30
1561 forum posts
1 photos

A bandsaw cannot cut out the inside of anything, so it will not cut out, say, ply formers. A decent fretsaw is worth having. I also have a Proxxon table saw which is absolutely brilliant.

avtur18/06/2013 13:07:45
883 forum posts
20 photos

If you feed the full machine name and number into YouTube there is an impressive sounding review of it and demonstrations on a wide range of materials. Appears to be a quality piece of kit.

ben goodfellow 118/06/2013 18:55:02
1069 forum posts
41 photos

i have a big proxxon FET saw and the missus has given me credit for something else proxxon so it was either the band or a scroll saw ,i know the blade is quite small .4 x 5mm so should cut outside radius ok . i thought maybe a fret/scrollssaw is for more detailed work . oh well maybe i should just get bothsmiley

Andy4818/06/2013 21:27:03
1561 forum posts
1 photos

"oh well maybe i should just get both"

Spoken like a true modeller! wink

Former Member23/06/2013 13:56:38
8090 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

Scott Edwards 226/08/2013 14:43:56
229 forum posts
97 photos

I have the 240E and utterly love it. Its small enough to fit under the bench, and light enough to lift onto it when needed. I also have the Proxxon Scroll Saw, but I use that far less than the Band Saw.

You can cut surprisingly tight radii, and trim things remarkeably accurately. I couldnt do without it now. Only downside is that the blades are expensive (£15) and it is for MODEL use only. It loves balsa, but its limit is really 1/4 inch plywood. The 'throat' isnt huge, but its enough, I've churned out 240mm wide formers no problem.

So .... as long as you dont want to cut tree trunks, and treat the blades gently ... its great.

ben goodfellow 126/08/2013 16:31:33
1069 forum posts
41 photos

i bought one and i agree its great., i found it really speed up my building and more importantly improves my building , got a fet saw too which i have just started using which is the same especialy for multi cuts and making triangle stock next on list are the scroll saw and 240 disc sander

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!