Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Pilots!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoff Jackson09/07/2013 11:03:46
160 forum posts
3 photos

Help please with a scale Latex pilot. Hes a World War 1 flyer complete with Iron Cross but hes starting to come apart at the seams (bit like me on a bad day!). Has anyone any experience in repairing/gluing these back together. I need to restore him to the office cos i cant stand empty cockpits! are there more like me or is it just my obsession? Thanks in anticipation.

pete taylor09/07/2013 11:51:08
348 forum posts
162 photos

Hi Geoff, be assured that it's not just you...I can't bear an empty cockpit unless it's sitting on the ground!

Cyano seems to work well on latex. If you can get inside you could try taping the seam first or even just using duct tape to do the repair. I'm assuming of course that he's not expected to work for a living??

Cheers, Pete

Geoff Jackson09/07/2013 12:28:18
160 forum posts
3 photos

Thanks Pete - I'll give that a try. Hes not a working pilot, in fact hes bone idle - just sits there looking suitably teutonic!!! But suits a DV11 just fine.

Plummet09/07/2013 13:15:04
1408 forum posts
41 photos

I got, from the craft and hobby section of a local garden centre, a bag of fluffy stuff for moulding and casting. It is like fluffed up tissue paper, but with plaster of paris mixed through it. You mix it with water and it goes hard. The result is not too heavy.

You might use a bit of this to fill your perishing pilot, perhaps with some expanded polystyrene added for extra lightness.

Plummet

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us