Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Futaba 14SG chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Malcolm Holt17/07/2013 08:42:00
90 forum posts
2 photos

If I have understood it correctly you want ailerons which operate normally (one up and one down). You also want a switchable mix which causes both ailerons to rise together when up elevator is applied. Is that correct?

Please can you clarify exactly what you mean when you say that “both ailerons work the same way”. Is the aileron function not working correctly or is the switched mix not working correctly?

You mentioned previously that you had got it working on the servo monitor. If that is the case, then I suspect that your problem may lie with your servo connection rather than with your transmitter programming.

The mix I describe in my previous post assumes that you have selected a 2AIL wing in the Model Type Menu and that your aileron servos are connected to the channels shown in the Function Menu as AIL and AIL2. If this is not the case please explain how the ailerons are connected and I will do my best to help.

SR 7117/07/2013 10:40:26
276 forum posts
61 photos

Sorry i must have been asleep this morning when i had a play with the Tx, everything is working ok, thank you Malcom, just need to get the new receivers im waiting for so i can try it for real in the sr

steve-richards07/03/2014 13:30:46
163 forum posts
3 photos

Hi al can someone go thru the steps of programing elevon on a funjet

I have my alerons pluged into chanels 1 and 2 and of course the esc in 3

the book is not very clear and i caint see anything on youtube

Steve

Dave Garrett 107/03/2014 14:08:41
46 forum posts
93 photos

Hi Richard

Try plugging ailerons into channel 1 & 6 (page 42 of manual is useful), From the linkage menu, select model type, then change wing to 'flying wing'

Hope this helps

I am also trying to get to grips with this beast

Regards

Dave

steve-richards07/03/2014 14:17:11
163 forum posts
3 photos

yes i have tried that but the elevetor was the wrong way

plus it looks tidyer in chanels 1 +2

Malcolm Holt07/03/2014 15:27:59
90 forum posts
2 photos

In the Model Type Menu set Wing Type to Flying Wing with 2Ailerons.

As Dave has pointed out, the default setting gives aileron 1 on Channel 1 and Aileron 2 on Channel 6. You can see this by going to the Function Menu. This setup works fine but, if you particularly want your ailerons on Channels 1 and 2, simply assign AIL2 to Channel 2 in the Function Menu.

If the elevators go the wrong way, go to the Elevator to Camber Mix Menu (in Model Menu). By default all the settings are -100. Change them all to +100 and the elevators will work in the other direction.

When you select Flying Wing as the Model Type the software automatically activates the Elevator to Camber Mix. This is because the model has no conventional elevators. The mix causes the elevator stick to control the wing camber controls which, on your model, are the ailerons.

steve-richards07/03/2014 15:33:48
163 forum posts
3 photos
Posted by Malcolm Holt on 07/03/2014 15:27:59:

In the Model Type Menu set Wing Type to Flying Wing with 2Ailerons.

As Dave has pointed out, the default setting gives aileron 1 on Channel 1 and Aileron 2 on Channel 6. You can see this by going to the Function Menu. This setup works fine but, if you particularly want your ailerons on Channels 1 and 2, simply assign AIL2 to Channel 2 in the Function Menu.

If the elevators go the wrong way, go to the Elevator to Camber Mix Menu (in Model Menu). By default all the settings are -100. Change them all to +100 and the elevators will work in the other direction.

When you select Flying Wing as the Model Type the software automatically activates the Elevator to Camber Mix. This is because the model has no conventional elevators. The mix causes the elevator stick to control the wing camber controls which, on your model, are the ailerons.

thanks thats a great help

i was missing the wing camber

Steve

Jon Laughton04/05/2014 23:14:00
1172 forum posts
104 photos

Hi I received a new 14Sg in January and I want to update the software to the latest versions. I have formatted an SDHC card ok but when I download the updates from Ripmax and try to run the .exe file I get a message from the Futaba File System Utility that says: "The error occurred at the time of the reading in of the configuration file. Confirm or redo a download once again. It failed in the copy."

Does anyone know of a fix for this? (I've tried emailing Ripmax over a week ago but have received no response...I

​I am running Vista Home Premium as the operating system..

Thanks

Jon

Barrie Dav 205/05/2014 08:41:52
1012 forum posts
14 photos

John, I had the same problem last year and I think it was caused by the Winzip program. Here is a copy of my post describing what seemed to work:-

Good news at last. I reformatted the CD card again in my laptop to ensure that it was empty, then did a futaba reformat. After that I downloaded a newer version of winzip and I have been able to install the version 3 onto my 14SG. What was wrong before I've no idea. Thanks to you all once again.

I hope that it works for you.

Jon Laughton05/05/2014 08:48:34
1172 forum posts
104 photos

Thanks Barrie - this is very useful: I was prompted to buy an update for Winzip but didn't so I will try out your suggestion...

Cheers

Jon

steve-richards05/05/2014 09:20:42
163 forum posts
3 photos

**LINK**

I used this and worked fine for me

Jon Laughton05/05/2014 10:02:34
1172 forum posts
104 photos

Thanks Steve - that was the page I downloaded the software from but the .exe. files would not run.

Another forum member (Barrie - see above) has told me that it may be due to the fact that my win zip application may be out of date...

Cheers

Jon

Jon Laughton11/05/2014 16:49:27
1172 forum posts
104 photos

Well Barrie tried your suggestion and paid for the latest version of Winzip but it still failed with the same error message. The email I sent to Ripmax about this at the beginning of the month asking for advice has not been responded to which is very poor service!

I'm wondering if it is something to do with the fact that I am using Vista home premium?

Jon

John Privett11/05/2014 17:44:52
5927 forum posts
236 photos

Jon, did you extract ALL the files from the zip file into the same folder and run the exe from there?

If I extract just the exe file into a folder and then run it, I get the same error message you mentioned earlier.

Jon Laughton11/05/2014 17:57:12
1172 forum posts
104 photos

John

I didn't do that so will try it again on that basis - thanks for the tip off.

To be clear did you copy the unzipped files to the SD card first or just another folder?

Jon

John Privett11/05/2014 18:03:36
5927 forum posts
236 photos

I don't have an SG14, but tried out the zip file to see what would happen!

I unzipped the files into a folder (any old folder) on the PC - not straight to an SD card. When you run the exe file it prompts you to enter the location of the SD card and then copies what it needs to copy to that.

As far as I'm aware, the SD card is formatted in the transmitter in a proprietary format that the PC can't read/write directly - so you have to write to it using their exe file.

Edited By John Privett on 11/05/2014 18:04:25

Jon Laughton11/05/2014 18:47:26
1172 forum posts
104 photos

John its worked a dream - thank you so much for your advice...as I am normally a Mac user I hadn't released that you had to runt he exe file from a folder that wasn't within Winzip!

There was an update to version 4 of the software real eased only four days ago and I am now all up to date. Thanks again

Jon

John Privett11/05/2014 19:29:24
5927 forum posts
236 photos

Great! Glad to be of help.

A.A. Barry08/09/2014 23:47:11
1922 forum posts
186 photos

Hi guys, I have just received a 14sg,(s/h) I would like to have the throttle ratchet in place , can this be done???.

malcom your book is there a chance it will come out in print, I really like to have it next to me when programing, not having an Ereader, it is awkard carting my P.C. around

Thanks
barry

Malcolm Holt09/09/2014 06:46:19
90 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Barry,

Unfortunately a printed copy is simply not viable. 14SG owners are a very limited market and, in my experience, the majority do not even read the manual carefully let alone shell out their hard-earned cash on additional reading matter. Modern electronic gadgets become obsolete almost overnight these days so the prospects for future sales of a book like this are not good.

In addition to this, I update the e-book each time Futaba release a software upgrade and the new version is available for download free of charge. That is not a service which can be provided economically with printed books.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Do you have a smart phone? If so, you can download a free App from Amazon Kindle and read my book on that. It's not ideal but, for quick reference at the flying field, it is fine.

Malcolm

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us