Forum sponsored by CML

Modelflight online magazine

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Green31/07/2013 08:55:09
2279 forum posts
67 photos
2 articles

Many of us will be aware of the web mag ModelFlight created my the late Reg Heath.

I am privaliged to host this imense archive of modelflying info and chat. Reg passed in 2010 and since then the site has remained static with no updates.

I'm wondering if anyone out there would be interested in continuing Reg's work, in the spirit of the current site, but with your own twist of course.

I have tried to get in touch with Reg's family to ask about this but all email addresses I have are all for Reg and don't appear to be used anymore, so If anyone does have contact details or can point Reg's faimily to this post that would be appreciated.

If you are not aware of the site take a look but be prepared to spend several days looking over the back issues.

Andy

MaxG31/07/2013 15:42:55
151 forum posts
3 photos

It was a super site + magazine. I really used to enjoy it and was very sorry when Reg died.

I got much useful info from the site and still go back occasionally to look for things.

By the way I also contributed something to the site and had it published.

Max

IanR31/07/2013 18:34:02
775 forum posts
4 photos

Andy, I think I must be missing something. I can't see any links to any back issues or similar, only a few photos.

Ian

GrahamC31/07/2013 19:19:49
1237 forum posts
196 photos

You can get through to the back issues by clicking on the archive link here. There's enough to keep you in reading material for a few hours there!

Andy Green31/07/2013 19:21:43
2279 forum posts
67 photos
2 articles

Hi Ian

Click the arrow at the bottom of the screen, Bear in mind Reg did this all on his own, so some of the links may not be obvious. Once in the site use the links at the top.

If you can't find the arrow, THIS is a link to the main site.

Andy

IanR31/07/2013 21:22:29
775 forum posts
4 photos

Andy, nope, still missing something, mate.

Graham, yup, got it.

Thanks, both - as you say, plenty to go at here and no mistake!

Cheers, Ian

PS   I'm just off for a look,now - I may be gone for some time.

Edited By IanR on 31/07/2013 21:23:57

Andy Green01/07/2015 12:50:03
2279 forum posts
67 photos
2 articles

I was asked to renew this website (I run the domain) in the hope that someone could be found to pick it up and run it again in the same vein as Reg did. I would cover all hosting fees.

This archive will be removed at the end of August, so last chance.

Andy

Area 5101/07/2015 14:05:50
653 forum posts
1 photos

Be a great shame if this is not taken up Andy, keep a reminder going.. a few on here may well be interested in picking up where Reg left off.. what a super information site it was!.. It will be sad to lose it, especailly with all the hard work Reg put in and also the contributors.. !

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us