Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Can i?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ade Eades (Eadsie)07/08/2013 18:16:02
108 forum posts
17 photos

Hello Folks, i'm new to this site so please be gentle with me if i have posted this thread in the wrong section........(there are so many)

I have a micro 'SUKHOI 26M' which is great fun to fly.... but i'm totally Hooked on this hobby now lol and i'm looking to get something a little bigger and more stable,

The beauty is i have a Blade 450 3D heli as well (not flown yet still on phoenix sim to build confidence) and i have purchased a 'a second hand spare one' as a doner as i'm going to crash it at some point (it was cheap) Now i'm thinking why dont i use the electrics from the doner heli (its all appart in my spares/field box) and put them into a new purchase Aeroplane?

This is a list of Electrics and batt's i have

1. 4 X Turnigy 3C 2200 mah 25C Batteries all unused.
  2. E-Flite 420 heli Brushless Motor
  3. E-Flite EFLRDS76T Servo X1
  4. E-Flite EFLRDS76 Servo's X 3
  5. Spektrum AR6115e microlite park flyer 6ch receiver (dsm)
  6. G210 Giro (not important as its for the tail servo for heli)
  7. E-Flite 35-Amp Heli Brushless ESC w/S-BEC
  8. Imax B-6 Charger

Thats what i have spare....i know the items have heli written on them....but will they be ok for a new plane?......

i was looking at something like this.....www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=44801

I am grateful for any replies.....kind regards Ade.

Wingman07/08/2013 19:36:37
1145 forum posts
405 photos

OK Ade, well Items 1, 4, 5, 7 and 8 could be used for smallish planes but the motor would be no good as it is a 3800Kv item and so would only be able to be used with a prop that would have to be no longer than about 4 inches and would spin it at well over 20,000 rpm! The 'T' servo is specific for the heli tail - not sure about it but should be OK in a plane.

Ade Eades (Eadsie)07/08/2013 20:34:00
108 forum posts
17 photos

Great thanks for the info.......so the motor is best left as a spare for my heli then....thats great , so i would need to buy a motor, no problem.....would the plane in my previous link be ok for the parts i have? what i mean is my batteries are quite heavy and ive no experience whatsoever with plane batteries....from what ive seen they seem to be 'flatter' in design....i'm prob wrong, but just an observation. (what motor would i require/you recomend?) or kit plane that will accept my parts? any help would be fantastic....my budget is around £100-£130 ish dont mind sport/scale/i do like biplanes....thank you for your reply smiley  

regards ade.

ps..is 20,000rpm a lot?

Edited By ADRIAN EADES on 07/08/2013 20:35:10

Dave Bran07/08/2013 21:04:21
1896 forum posts
5 photos

Or rebuild that Heli to get it working, then you have no excuse for flying without pushing the envelope and learning, as you'll have another one to fall back on when you have a whoopsie..........

Dedicated heli tail servos (in the wide sense, not necc your specific) are fast acting and relatively low torque, sometimes they need specific pulse rates a normal receiver may not provide, but most would work, albeit its wasting its best attributes.

I don't agree that Heli motors are unusable in fixed wing, and 3800kv isn't THAT high........they make good small wing, hotliner or EDF motors, possibly not a Biplane though !! smile p

Wingman07/08/2013 21:10:55
1145 forum posts
405 photos

Yep I reckon that plane would be OK and this motor would do the trick power-wise but you would have to check if it would fit inside the cowl. And yes 20000 is a lot - you are looking to turn a plane's prop at around 10000rpm

Ade Eades (Eadsie)07/08/2013 22:09:23
108 forum posts
17 photos

Priceless replies, many thanks.....i have enough spares to actually make another heli....complete. i have been reading threads on this site all evening....and i have read that its easier to fly a erm....'above wing'? sorry i can't remember the terminology used lol.............like a cub then when used to that then try a 'mid' (i think) wing etc..then sport........i bought a raptor 30v2 heli three years ago and never 'had a go' as i was not a member of any club, and to be honest was very daunting for me....so i sold it. then i purchased a blade MSRX Micro heli which was fun and i was able to fly it from the 'word go' that's why i bought the 450 3D as larger models usuallyu mean more stable....i had never owned a plane but the sukhoi micro caught my eye on a web site as it uses the same 1c 3.7v batt's that my blade MSRx uses so i got it and have not looked back,

Yes, i have had a few 'nose-in' accidents in my field, but thats because i only fly the plane outside and it weighs less than a small bag of feathers lol.....and the wind pushes it down if too low....other than that, it actually handles the wind quite well for a polly model that has no substance so-to-speak. Thats why i'm looking to go up a size to get a more stable 'bird'

If i go down the 'cub' route will i be dissapointed with performance?.....my little sukhoi may run on a 1c batt and weigh less than 'bad wind' but is able to manage stall turns, rolls, verticle climb's etc....its superb fun but getting tatty now and i don't see the point in doing a complete airframe rebuild when i could be spending my hard-earned on a newer bigger machine. cheers peep's

ade.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!