Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

"Multiman" (Roger Pullen)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike T19/08/2013 23:16:20
524 forum posts
45 photos

Back in '82(ish) RCM&E did a plan feature on the above multi-task slope soarer. I thought its shark-like lines were superb, so I bought the plan.

I'm toying (again) with the idea of actually building it, so I wondered if anyone out there had any experience of it, good or bad? (As far as t'internet is concerned, its a bit of a black hole...)

Mike

Mike T24/08/2013 21:13:24
524 forum posts
45 photos

SO - that'll be a big fat NO, then... sad

TheFlyingCrust24/08/2013 21:48:56
611 forum posts
67 photos

Hi Mike. Just picked up this post. I remember the article. It was designed, I think, as a cross sountry soarer. I might, just might, have the original article. I'll have a rummage next time i'm in the loft.

Ian

Mike T30/08/2013 16:19:27
524 forum posts
45 photos

Hi Ian.

I too have the article somewhere, as well as the (well faded) plan. I just wanted input from anyone who'd built and/or flown it!

rgds,

Mike

Mike Spalding16/09/2014 16:28:23
2 forum posts

I was at Crook Peak the other day and I'm sure I saw a flyer with one there. I too have considered buying the plan again cos I lost one I bought years ago. That's how I recognised it. You might contact the owner through West Mendips Soaring?

Slopetrashuk29/09/2014 12:28:47
1083 forum posts
25 photos
8 articles
I built and flew a Multiman back in the day. Bellcranks and all.
The wing section is dated by todays standards and the performance would not be a scratch on a modern day moulded glider with a four (or six) servo wing.
Of course with more modern servos now you wouldn;t need to do everything bellcrank driven. Smaller servos will fit on every surface and a reasonable transmitter will make short work of the mixing.
nice looking model though. I still have the plan somewhere.

Andy
Mike T21/10/2016 18:05:17
524 forum posts
45 photos

Belated (much!!!) thanks Andy embarrassed. I missed your post (or I'd have acknowledged it sooner), but the airfoil was the one reason that stopped me going ahead with the Multiman build. I couldn't reconcile the section and its camber (way +ve) with the 0-0 setting of the tailplane. Also, a Phase 6 and a Hammer came along in the meantime...

I value the appearance of an aircraft over its outright performance, which is why I was drawn to the Multiman, so I scratched that particular itch by modifying the tail-end of the P6 to replicate it (sort of).

In the hope that you pick up on this post, what section would you recommend for the Multiman?

PS - Apologies to everyone else for resurrecting an old thread!

Edited By Mike T on 21/10/2016 18:08:24

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!