Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Hi from Somerset

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Garrett 116/09/2013 21:47:10
46 forum posts
93 photos

Let me introduce myself & tell you a little about me. I'm Dave from Yeovil, Somerset. I'm the wrong side of the big five O. I have been married to Carol for nearly 30 years. We have not been blessed with children. I work as a design engineer in the aerospace industry.

I have been flying radio control fixed wing aircraft for the last 10 years. I mostly fly IC powered sports, acrobatic & vintage type models. I have dabbled in electric powered models, gliders & foamies. I enjoy the building side of the hobby & have have good success with a number of kits. I still put together the occasional ARTF if I'm desperate. I am the treasurer of the Westland & Yeovil district aeromodellers club & a member of the Ilminster club.

I have been lurking on this forum for sometime. I especially enjoy reading the build blogs. As I'm about to start an Apache Aviation Monocoupe 90A, it's time to start giving something back.

Outside of model flying, my other passion is football (watching only now!). I'm a season ticket holder for the mighty Green & Whites (Yeovil Town FC). This does however have an adverse affects of Saturday flying during the playing season.

Other interest include traveling & holidays. I have been known to drink the odd bucket or two of real ale. We are blessed in the southwest with some wonderful micro breweries. I am probably the only Mike Oldfield fan left in the country.

Regards

Dave

Tony Bennett16/09/2013 22:34:07
5081 forum posts
129 photos

nice to meet you sir.

enjoy.

Ady Hayward16/09/2013 22:56:20
734 forum posts
1224 photos

Hi Dave and Welcome to the Forum. There's nowt wrong with Mike Oldfield, so thats doubled the expected number of fans left in the country.Adrian

Ernie17/09/2013 08:00:17
2519 forum posts
21 photos

mike who?

ernie

SkippyUK17/09/2013 08:15:03
287 forum posts
23 photos

Hi Dave, Tubular Bells CD is still in the car and gets played on long journeys but I draw the line at Terry Wogan's version of In Dulci Jubilo angel.

Skippy

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator17/09/2013 12:19:14
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Hi Dave,

welcome on board. If you've been lurking around you'll know that there's lots of stuff on here. Good to have you with us "in person" as it were!

BEB

Pete B - Moderator17/09/2013 13:04:24
7628 forum posts
733 photos

Make it four... Hi Dave! smile

Pete

Dave Garrett 117/09/2013 20:27:40
46 forum posts
93 photos

Thanks Gents

It's refreshing to some of us still appreciate real musicsmile

Skippy, you have me intrigued, I have got to check out Terry Wogan's 'In Dulci Jubilo' on You-Tube

Dave

Ade Eades (Eadsie)17/09/2013 20:41:10
108 forum posts
17 photos

jean michelle jarre floats my boat lol and fleetwood mac to a lesser extent........hi and welcome

Ade.

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator17/09/2013 20:52:41
6744 forum posts
191 photos

Welcome from me too Dave.....Somerset, RC modelling, happily married AND lots of micro breweries....truly your cup runneth over....wink 2

Josip Vrandecic -Mes18/09/2013 10:13:53
2993 forum posts
260 photos

Hello Dave ,welcome and greetings from Adriatic Sea....face 1

Cheers

Joe

Dave Garrett 118/09/2013 18:09:13
46 forum posts
93 photos

Thanks again for the Welcome smile

Ade

I also listen to Jean michelle Jarre (also his father's music). ' Magnetic Fields' is my favorite

Regards

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us