Forum sponsored by CML

Time wasters!

Shoot through buyers.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
pete taylor27/09/2013 19:01:48
348 forum posts
162 photos
Out of curiosity, have many of the good folks on these forums experienced a problem when selling items?
I've just had my first encounter with a gentleman who was adamant that he wanted to buy an item from me, to the point that we'd agreed a price, postage and that a cheque would be in the post shortly. Then nothing....no cheque, no email, not a squeak from chappy, although he was online here! I sent an email asking if he was still interested...still not even the courtesy of a reply!!
None of us are here to entertain Walter Mitty's...if you don't want something, just say so! Nuff said!
kevin b27/09/2013 19:54:48
1701 forum posts
124 photos

If he's a forum member, is he still actively online ?

Don't forget, one or two members are knocking on a bit.

Just recently a friend of mine was selling a car and before he could deliver it (to a neighbour in Spain) the man had a heart attack and died, aged 51.

pete taylor27/09/2013 20:22:20
348 forum posts
162 photos
That had crossed my mind until said member appeared highly active and buying and selling in the last couple of days! Just seems to have shot through
Bearair27/09/2013 20:34:09
386 forum posts
22 photos

I have actually done that! it was incredibly embarrassing I couldn't get back into my old E-mail account and still cannot. It was a yahoo account and the seller had removed the advert from the BMFA when I had confirmed I would purchase. I had to wait until the seller on BMFA re -advertised to e-mail from my new account and apologise to him.blush

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator27/09/2013 20:44:41
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
Posted by kevin b on 27/09/2013 19:54:48:

If he's a forum member, is he still actively online ?

Don't forget, one or two members are knocking on a bit.

Just recently a friend of mine was selling a car and before he could deliver it (to a neighbour in Spain) the man had a heart attack and died, aged 51.

Steady on Kevin - we haven't had anyone actually fall off the perch in,....ooooohhh, er, it must be two or three days now. wink 2

BEB

PS Has matron been round with the tablets yet?

Alan Randall27/09/2013 22:14:06
446 forum posts
108 photos

A friend advertised a plane, agreed a price with a buyer who then drove a considerable distance to collect it, but then tried to offer a silly price for no apparent reason. (It was not based on condition of the model etc) When my friend refused, he got abusive and accused my friend of wasting his time.

kevin b27/09/2013 23:05:38
1701 forum posts
124 photos
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/09/2013 20:44:41:
Posted by kevin b on 27/09/2013 19:54:48:

Don't Steady on Kevin - we haven't had anyone actually fall off the perch in,....ooooohhh, er, it must be two or three days now. wink 2

BEB

PS Has matron been round with the tablets yet?

Yes and I got mine. I managed to hide the one that affects the "you know what", though I wish I could remember what it's used for.

kevinb

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us