Forum sponsored by CML

Another Aldi offer for us modellers.

Precision Magnifying Glass with LED Light

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Depron Daz16/10/2013 19:33:23
760 forum posts
173 photos

For what you get, this looks like fantastic value for money. I just need to get to Aldi. **LINK**

John Privett16/10/2013 19:45:30
5888 forum posts
228 photos

Another Aldi offer? Except this one's from Lidl - though I must admit I can never remember which is which! And the nearest of one of the stores back onto the railway station I use every weekday. The nearest of the other store is goodness-only knows where! (After checking, it's Lidl that's nearby, and Aldi that isn't.)

I actually got one of these magnifiers (from Lidl) a year or two ago - it looks identical. But I have to say I was a bit disappointed with it. I know it's only a fiver, so what can you expect, but the magnifier has too much distortion for comfortable use and the metal ball on the magnifier isn't attached to the plastic lens case particularly well. Maybe mine came off the production line on a Friday afternoon, if it had cost any more than it did it would have gone straight back!

PatMc16/10/2013 20:29:19
4126 forum posts
518 photos
Posted by John Privett on 16/10/2013 19:45:30:

Another Aldi offer? Except this one's from Lidl - though I must admit I can never remember which is which!

That's quite funny John.
I followed the link, had a look at the magnifier, checked to see if they were going to be in my local store then what else was due in but didn't notice that it wasn't Aldi until you posted. teeth 2

BTW the engraving tool set is probably worth a punt for anyone who doesn't have a Dremmel or similar.

Depron Daz20/10/2013 15:39:43
760 forum posts
173 photos

OK guys I accept the blunder, well actually it was a carefully designed test which John passed. You have won a £5 voucher to spend at Tesco, or is it Asda????? cheeky

Plummet22/10/2013 09:16:45
1385 forum posts
41 photos

Yesterday in ALDI...

A3 Cutting Mats. £4

Plummet

Geoff Jackson22/10/2013 09:21:34
160 forum posts
3 photos

A3 mats are great - got one on Sunday to replace very old worn out example. They were also selling cheap 2 part syringed epoxy - 5min and 15min. very useful.

geoff

Bob Cotsford22/10/2013 12:32:47
7788 forum posts
432 photos

I didn't see the cutting mats today, but I did find some thermal lined trousers for £12. Just the job for winter flying.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Revoc
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us