Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

HK Wing Tote bags

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
simon burch24/10/2013 11:37:22
754 forum posts
19 photos

Not sure if these count as a bargain, but I bought 4 of the large wing tote bags. The shipping is high, so I'd planned to sell a couple on.

They are great quality and huge. Big padded divider so you could easily fit 2 sets of smaller wings in one bag. Has a nice big pocket on the outside plus a pocket for the wing tube.

I'm really impressed. Not cheap (because of the postage), but considering a set of wing covers for my Boomerang cost over 100 quid and they only really fit that plane, I've got 4 planes now safely protected for about the same price which would fit anything up to 50cc plane easily.

Regards,

Simon

Bob Cotsford24/10/2013 12:13:40
7931 forum posts
436 photos

available from the UK Warehouse! I've made a couple for the Altair and Ki61using radiator heat shield which works well enough but these look just the job.

Except - all of my other models are 1 piece wingssad

Andy4824/10/2013 17:17:38
1358 forum posts
1 photos

Hmmm. 5m roll of foil backed bubble wrap loft insulation from B&Q, (£16), some duct tape and some self adhesive velcro works for me. Made to measure - any size wing.

Bubble Wrap

Edited By Martin Phillips on 24/10/2013 17:18:09

simon burch24/10/2013 18:52:36
754 forum posts
19 photos

Agreed, you could make your own, but I wanted a padded wing bag with a strap which zipped shut and kept everything inside. Got plenty of bubble wrap variants, but after seeing how good these are, I think they are worth the money (especially compared to some of the crazy prices I've seen for some dedicated bags!!). I was genuinely suprised by how well they were made, which was why I posted.

Didn't spot they did the 86cm bags in the uk, I needed the 100cm version which was long enough to keep the booms of my Boomerang in.

Each to their own !!

Cheers,

Simon

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us