By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

CG Measurement Blackhorse Ultimate

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Les Turrall26/01/2007 19:06:00
17 forum posts
Can anyone help me regarding the correct C of G for the new Blackhorse Ultimate Bi Plane. The instructions appear to be very ambiguous in respect of which wing the 110mm from the leading edge is measured from before the plane is inverted for balancing. RCME reviewed this model recently.
Dave Chatterton02/02/2007 23:55:00
50 forum posts
5 photos
Hi Les
I have a 1/3 scale Ultimate which I built from a plan and also a 1/4 scale Stampe and both of these were balanced on the top wing. Hope this helps.
DC
Les Turrall05/02/2007 20:54:00
17 forum posts
Hi Dave,
Very many thanks for your help. I think I will ignore the ambiguous instructions and rely upon your common sense advice.

Les.
Steve Hargreaves - Moderator14/09/2007 12:38:00
6746 forum posts
197 photos

Hi Les....just found this thread & the Black Horse Ultimate is on my possibles list.....how does it fly?? Would you recommend it? Which motor did you fit...(I have a 90 2 stroke in mind for mine!!!)??

Cheers

Steve

Engine Doctor18/09/2007 10:49:00
2417 forum posts
31 photos

Hi I bought a Black Horse Ultimate at the Hop Farm Bring and buy this weekend. Bargain ! £60 with two didital servos, a Futaba 9255 and a spectrum digital  and two Hitec 645 MG !  Has anyone tried to lighten the back end by changing the heavy metal push rods and tail plane supports ? Even with a 120 FS it seems tail heavy. Has anyone flown one with a 120 FS up front ,how does it go ?

Regards

E.D

Bruce Richards01/03/2008 15:09:00
1849 forum posts

Does anyone have any updates to this thread. I was looking at one of these in LMS.

Thanks 

B BAXTER12/05/2008 18:03:00
8 forum posts

Hi All,

I have a Black Horse Ultimate and have flown it very successfully  with a SC 60 two stroke.Les, I balanced it as per instructions at 110 mm back from L/E of the top wing and have had no problems,its fully aerobatic and a real pussycat to land.I have just re-engined with a SC 90 as I think it may need the extra power but as yet I`ve not flown with the bibber engine.

I used to have a Goldberg Ultimate with 120F/S and that flew very well on half throttle,a flat Rx nicad saw the end of that one!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the B/Horse as a bit of a `hack` but have been very impressed with the quality,very good value.

Brian

Les Turrall13/05/2008 21:15:00
17 forum posts

Hello Brian.

Many thanks for your reply. Just waiting for a calm day now to give it it's maiden flight. Been so long since I built it I'll recheck the the balance point in line with your advice before commiting it to the ether!!!!

Many Thanks,

Les.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us