Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Wireless Security Alarms

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dai Fledermaus15/11/2013 13:20:25
1057 forum posts
52 photos

We've had a Response wireless solar powered alarm on our house for about ten years, which has been trouble free until a problem in the siren itself forced me to replace it with another system from Response operating on the more up to date frequency of 868MHZ.

So what you might say! Well it reminded me how easy these systems are to fit and that the main advantage they have over wired alarms is that additional PIRs and door/window detectors are easily fitted to a garage or garden shed/ workshop as long as they are within 150 meters. That I would say would be of interest to those of us whose second home is that refuge, from you know who, at the bottom of the garden.

Olly P15/11/2013 14:46:34
3215 forum posts
181 photos

Yes - Please!

One of the things we want for the house is an alarm system, and I would really like to get one of these wireless ones - I have got a cheap one on the shed ATM, but it is a decidely cheap one....

IanN15/11/2013 17:37:19
1675 forum posts
119 photos

Us too. Looking to replace on old wired system. The one we've been looking at is here

**LINK**

ken anderson.15/11/2013 17:52:58
8635 forum posts
779 photos

at ne....1 towers we've had our wireless one fitted for 13 years and it is still working like a goodin..........about 1/2 day to fit and get up and running.............

ken Anderson...ne...1 security dept......kulou ......

Depron Daz15/11/2013 18:26:34
760 forum posts
173 photos

If you have any issues deciding, your local police SHOULD have a crime prevention officer who can run through what would be best for you. It is free and unbiased, as we are not on any commission, honest!

Daz......only.....1.never off-duty dept......clock

Dai Fledermaus15/11/2013 22:32:08
1057 forum posts
52 photos
Posted by IanN on 15/11/2013 17:37:19:

Us too. Looking to replace on old wired system. The one we've been looking at is here

**LINK**

I think I'm right in saying that the Yale systems need to have the siren and the key pad connected to 240 volt supply, so fitting them is not so convenient as the Response systems where the siren is solar powered and the key pad takes a battery. We had to change the siren re chargeable battery once in ten years and only two PP9 in the key pad in that time I think.

David Rothwell16/11/2013 23:19:53
147 forum posts
3 photos

remember traditional alarms only work if someone acts when they are activated, police etc will not respond to alarms going off (too many false alarms), consider a monitored alarm for not only intruder but also fire and c02 they are reasonably priced these day`s, well worth the investment to protect precious items and family.

David

Barrie Dav 227/08/2014 16:44:33
1012 forum posts
14 photos

I'm considering installing an intruder alarm for the house and having read the above posts I was wondering whether anyone has any ideas as to whether wireless systems can be nullified by a handheld device or some such thing.
I've had wired systems in the past and any tampering/cut wires etc would immediately set the bells ringing.

Perhaps some of you electronic wizards out there may have the answer.

Masher27/08/2014 18:00:37
1106 forum posts
79 photos

Wireless systems can be nullified very simply - but it's illegal to do so. IMO, alarm systems are a waste of time and money, in our previous house one of the neighbours had one which false triggered regularly - nobody took any notice although I was desperately close to cutting the wires!

Just get a dog

John F27/08/2014 18:05:55
1316 forum posts
51 photos
Not sure if the RSPCA would take kindly to leaving a dog alone for two weeks.

Any alarm is better than none and to nullify the alarm also sets off the alarm so I would not worry.
Masher27/08/2014 18:15:21
1106 forum posts
79 photos
Posted by John F on 27/08/2014 18:05:55:
Not sure if the RSPCA would take kindly to leaving a dog alone for two weeks.

Any alarm is better than none and to nullify the alarm also sets off the alarm so I would not worry.
Is this true if jammed?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!