Andy Meade08/01/2015 17:01:41
2772 forum posts
717 photos

That's really handy, thanks for the link

Robin Etherton05/01/2017 09:14:16
298 forum posts
45 photos

Hi

Anyone had any problems using this lately.

Tried a search today and it showed a list of results which promptly disappeared once the search was complete and came up with an error message saying that there were results but my filter setting needed to be changed to show them?

Any ideas chaps, tried changing some settings in safari and using a different browser but the same result.

Help please

Robin

Darren Brooks - RCFerret05/01/2017 10:18:45
20 forum posts

Hi Robin,

you usually see this message if the website has found some results, but in the settings (top right) the stores returning these are unchecked (not ticked). If you have some unchecked, try clicking on the square next to the name to tick them, and hopefully you should see your results.

Any probs please let me know

Robin Etherton05/01/2017 11:35:40
298 forum posts
45 photos

Hi

Thanks for the quick response.

Tried ticking all stores but no luck.

Unticked all options on stock,weak response etc and this worked.

Cheers, really useful tool

Robin

Martin Leslie05/01/2017 14:14:15
20 forum posts
3 photos

Thanks for the link Darren, it dramatically cuts down search time, added to favourites and will be using regularly. Brilliantly simple bit of kit (says he who knows nothing about software production)

Paul C.05/01/2017 14:22:09
646 forum posts
159 photos

Brilliant site added to my home screen 👍 don't know how I have not found this before 😕

Paul.

Darren Brooks - RCFerret05/01/2017 14:32:19
20 forum posts

Thanks for the comments chaps, really appreciated.

Darren

Darren Brooks - RCFerret27/01/2018 16:53:46
20 forum posts

A bit of a thread revival, but just to let you know there is a free android app version of RCFerret if anyone interested.

search RCFerret on google play.

Allan Bowker28/01/2018 11:12:51
1636 forum posts
227 photos

Thanks for the update Darren, it's a shame I'm only on Apple.

The website is still as useful as ever, thanks for your work in developing and hosting it.

Darren Brooks - RCFerret28/01/2018 15:09:28
20 forum posts

Many thanks Allan,

I have actually an iOs version already completed, just needs to be submitted to Apple for review which hopefully I will do soon.

Darren Brooks - RCFerret12/02/2018 09:25:45
20 forum posts

Hi all, just to let you know there is a free RCFerret iOS App now available in the App Store.

search RCFerret in the App Store (UK)

Allan Bowker12/02/2018 13:04:53
1636 forum posts
227 photos

Thanks Darren, just downloaded it thumbs upsmiley

Allan Bowker17/04/2020 13:49:36
1636 forum posts
227 photos

Just wanted to bump this thread, such a great website, especially while we are all dependant upon online ordering.

Darren Brooks - RCFerret17/04/2020 16:42:51
20 forum posts
Posted by Allan Bowker on 17/04/2020 13:49:36:

Just wanted to bump this thread, such a great website, especially while we are all dependant upon online ordering.

Many thanks Allan,

to be honest I pretty much forgot about the site, as it causes me so little problems. I think at some point I will refresh the list of stores, as some have unfortunately disappeared and new ones have arrived.

If there are any online stores you would like added please feel free to let me know.

Cheers

Darren

Ron Gray17/04/2020 16:50:46
2166 forum posts
940 photos

Min seems to have developed an issue whereby the search results appear for a few seconds then disappear.

Allan Bowker17/04/2020 22:18:29
1636 forum posts
227 photos

Thanks Darren, the site has saved me a lot of money over the years and helped me buy hard to find items by being able to search each shops stock.

If you can check that their feeds are still updating your site, that would be really helpful, thanks.
It did seem more recently that the same few shops were cropping up and others no longer being included.
Although that may have been due to the lack of stock in these unusual times.

@Ron Gray

Make sure you have visited the SETTINGS menu on the top right of the website.

Untick any EXCLUDE FROM RESULTS and check mark SAVE SETTINGS TO COOKIE.

If this fails, try a different browser or another PC?
There is also an app available to download for iPhone.

Long live the Ferret laugh

Darren Brooks - RCFerret04/06/2020 00:36:25
20 forum posts

Evening /morning,

Due to CV19, i've found myself out of a job and with a bit of free time on my hands. So i've taken a look at my RCFerret website with a view of a tidy up behind the scenes and to my embarrassment have realised that it was severely broke and next to useless.

So, i've spent the last 2 days going through every store, removing the ones that sadly are no longer with us (I counted 10) and fixing the searches for approximately 60% of the store searches as they have either changed platform, website addresses, names etc (it was 4 years ago that I did this).

So the searches should be helpful again, and going forward I plan on giving the site and app some much needed love.

As always if there is a store you think should be added let me know.

Daz.

Edited By Darren Brooks - RCFerret on 04/06/2020 00:37:08

Allan Bowker04/06/2020 01:25:44
1636 forum posts
227 photos

Hi Darren

Sorry to learn about your employment problems at the moment, I'm sure that won't last long and you will be very busy soon.

Then again, it's a win win for the RC community, so thanks for looking at the site and giving the gears a little oiling.

I'm still a regular user myself and did think it was fetching less results than it used to, but then again, I also put that down to a few of the listed shops being out of business. Despite all this, it was still saving me time and money when searching for items. I look forward to seeing it develop in the near future.

Thanks again!
If I think of a store to add, I will drop you a PM.

PS: Just tested it and yes, quite a difference! An item that I've been having trouble finding is now returning in the results. Brilliant!

Edited By Allan Bowker on 04/06/2020 01:27:42

Darren Brooks - RCFerret04/06/2020 10:44:42
20 forum posts

PS: Just tested it and yes, quite a difference! An item that I've been having trouble finding is now returning in the results. Brilliant!

Makes all the effort worth it thumbs up

Thanks

D.

John Lee04/06/2020 13:53:05
744 forum posts
72 photos

Can I also add my thanks Darren, I've used the site on a number of occasions in the past & will now do so again going forward.

I wonder if you have any thoughts about expanding the search for stores outside of the UK?

Only this morning I was looking for a Multiplex FunCub NG, I could not find any in the UK, nor is it listed by the importer. However they are available on the Continent & I ended up ordering from Modelbau Lindinger in Austria. It's the latest of a number of purchases I've made from the EU & with International couriers being so efficient nowadays the delivery time & cost is comparable, or better, than the UK.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!