Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Precedent Lo-Boy

Still in production?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bill Hughes08/03/2007 12:35:00
13 forum posts
Some years ago I built my first low winger, which was a Precedent Lo-Boy.
One unusual feature for the time was it's single mid wing section flap. It was a great aerobatic model, use of the flap in flight enabled some pretty hairy manouevres, and it also made landing a doddle.
I have seen adverts for the Precedent Hi-Boy and Precedent T2 around and am aware they are still avaliable, do any of you intrepid model aviators know if the Lo-Boy is still being produced, and where I could get my hands on one? even plans would be a help.
Engine Doctor08/03/2007 16:57:00
2417 forum posts
31 photos
Hi Bill .As far as i'm aware the Lowboy is no longer available. Why not try a free add in RCM&E or even on this forum . You could also try a wanted add on the BMFA classified section ,its free and thousands of modeller look at the adds. Good luck.
E.D.
MARTIN BREWER07/05/2007 21:43:00
5 forum posts
Hi Bill - I know some one who has a complete kit for the lo-boy which he may be willing to sell - its one of those hes had laying around for a number of years - cant speak to him at present as hes out of the country - if your still looking drop me an e mail - Martin
Bill Hughes08/05/2007 00:43:00
13 forum posts
Thanks Martin, that's good news. I'm still very interested.Your e-mail is disabled from within this forum, I have enabled my e-mail address Please send me a message so as I can get details, thx Bill
MARTIN BREWER08/05/2007 09:16:00
5 forum posts
Mate is away cruising at present - should see him within next week or so - as far as im aware its totally complete - may never even have been opened - hes down in Sussex with me - my e mail address is theboybrewer@gmail.com - still trying to work out how to use this site - all the best martin
MARTIN BREWER12/05/2007 21:26:00
5 forum posts
Tried e mailing but doesnt seem to work - could be me - see my e mail in the thread i posted - hes back - ive mentioned it - what sort of figure are you looking at paying and where would it need posting to ???
Chris Channon13/07/2007 14:09:00
57 forum posts
1 photos
Hi Bill, re: the Lo-Boy, yep it was a nice aeroplane, sadly no longer available but if you look at Black Horse Speed Air ( the green one) it is a lo-boy clone !
With mine i used the original torque rods soldered together and cut the ailerons in half and fitted a servo in to each wing panel so now i have flap( operated by the original aileron servo). I also fitted a cheap set of irvine mechanical retracts.
It does fly very similar to the original Lo-Boy, landings are nice and slow, and quite aerobatic when on full rate.
Hope this helps a bit.
Chris.
Graham Eccles03/08/2007 16:10:00
18 forum posts
A new member of our club purchased a Precedent Lo-Boy off eBay. Do any of you Lo-Boy experts have the following information to assist in setting it up.

1) position of the c.g.
2) total weight (model feels heavy)
3) approximate throws on control surfaces
4) recommended engine (OS40 2 stroke fitted)

Thanks

Chris Salomon06/02/2008 12:46:00
157 forum posts
2 photos

Just reviving this thread.

I have a Lo-Boy gathering dust under my desk at work (a colleague gave it to me), I haven't done anything with it as I fly electric and it is a heavy beast.  However, recently I've been giving some thought to getting it sorted with a large brushless and a nice big Li-po to use on the windier days (which, if you believe the Prophets of Doom, will be increasingly frequent in the future!).

Anybody any experience of converting one?

Chris Salomon06/02/2008 12:51:00
157 forum posts
2 photos
A Lo-Boy that is, not a Prophet of Doom!
joe renf20/02/2008 05:45:00
4 forum posts

I have a Precedent Hi Boy kit, 59" wingspan, with a missing wing, it was given to me....Can't seem to locate anything to relace the wing...Any ideas..Maybe a foam core...Anyone know the airfoil shape..or will any flat bottom of the approximate size work....? Any help appreciated..

email is pondadog1@yahoo.com

Hoping to hear from someone.....joe in Texas

joe renf20/02/2008 05:50:00
4 forum posts

I don't know how many different versions were made of this Hi Boy, but this one is for a

.29-.40 size engine...When did they go out of business...Precedent Hi Boy...?

Thanks again...joe 

Chris Salomon20/02/2008 07:39:00
157 forum posts
2 photos

Joe,

I was going to say you could have my wing for free.............until I saw where you live!  I don't really do 'flying planes other people have built', it just doesn't seem right!

If you like I could take all the relevant dimensions for you and trace out the section.  Any use?

joe renf20/02/2008 17:40:00
4 forum posts

Yes..a tracing of the airfoil chord might be very helpful..maybe a could get a foam wing cut with the hot wire

with this. Didn't know the wing was missing out of the kit when I accepted it..I mean, Its all gone..no ribs.LE, TE,spars...nothing. Oh well..you know what they say about gift horses..

If you can send the chord, I would be very interested..you can send to :

pondadog1@yahoo.com

Will that work that way?..if not get back to me with whatever you need to send..

thanks again..joe 

Chris Salomon20/02/2008 20:59:00
157 forum posts
2 photos

Sure thing Joe, no worries.  Probably won't get chance until early next week.  I'll take all the other critical measurements and some pics too.

One thing though, you mention ribs etc. but mine is a foam wing, as far as I'm aware that was standard (unless anyone knows different?)

Chris Salomon20/02/2008 21:11:00
157 forum posts
2 photos

Just realised Joe, you have a Hi Boy not a Lo Boy................ooops!  Guess mine is no use to you is it!

That'll teach me to read what you said (in my defence it is in a thread entitled 'Precedent Lo-Boy'!)

joe renf20/02/2008 21:15:00
4 forum posts

Yeah..I know its Lo Boy, but was closest I found with Precedent airplanes.`..This is a flat bottom wing, 59

wingspan...Is there any similarity?   

Chris Salomon20/02/2008 21:45:00
157 forum posts
2 photos
Nope, this is 56" span semi-symmetrical.
Matt I30/05/2008 11:57:00
1 forum posts
anyone know the measurements for the CG for the hi-boy precedent? Also should the tank be fuel or not, wings on or off for measurement?
Stefan Hafner30/05/2008 12:23:00
382 forum posts
15 photos

I don't know what the CG loction for the Hi Boy is, but i would expect it to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the wing chord back from the leading edge, someone else may be able to confirm. The best thing is to find a club and ask someone there to check it. 

As for balancing the fuel tank should be empty as this means that the plane is slightly more stable when the tank is full and still stable as it starts to get used.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us