Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Screwfix Air Compressor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Frank Skilbeck24/01/2014 08:43:45
4430 forum posts
101 photos

Just bought one of these £99.99 didn't seem bad for a compressor with a 24l tank and accessories. The only fault I've found so far is that the electrical lead is very short.

It's a little noisy when the compressor is running, but it topped up 4 car tyres and ran my airbrush for ages without the compressor kicking in again.

Now to get some refurbished gliders resprayed, if it would just dry out a bit sad

Stevo25/01/2014 13:49:46
2699 forum posts
419 photos

I always got my compressors S/H, My current one hs a 50l tank, twin cylinder, 2HP motor - just a spruce up with a tin of Hammerite. £65.

Sounds like a Tiger Tank on full chat when it starts - but best thing I ever did was put a couple of outlets around the workshop, with quick release fitttings. Also a retractable hose is a must.

crispin church25/01/2014 19:03:09
442 forum posts
102 photos

best and most used equipment in my shed

like stevo say retract hose great item

even got a 20 ton air jack stick a board in the top of wheelie bin jack on top and a strap around the bin and over the jack best compactor a round get twice the amount in the bin

Ben B25/01/2014 19:35:03
1399 forum posts
4 photos

Don't forget to drain the water out of it frequently. Amazing how much collects and a compressor rusting from the inside out could be a) noisy b) dangerous.

One of these days I've got to hook up my water trap / filter and spray my funfighter.... Like most things in my life I make them so complicated they never happen....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us