Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Black Horse Stuka

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
MikeS18/11/2014 16:47:54
818 forum posts
240 photos

Took the Stuka up to tday for a couple of flights. First flight she tracked straight on the takeoff run but rolled a little once the wheels left the ground. Jon I am thinking of a little more side trust as you suggested. General flying the elevator was not as sluggish as I thought. The CofG weeks about right.

On landing on the second flight I unfortunately found a large water logged area to touch down on and it flipped straight on its back with a splash of water. The engine is soaked and mud covered so needs a good clean inside and out.

Mike

MikeS20/11/2014 13:49:53
818 forum posts
240 photos

Had to dismantle the engine and clean it out. Found dirty mud residue in the carb inlet so did not want risk fod in the cylinder and liner. With the head off found it full of water but no dirt. Any how its all clean now apart from a small circlip that needs to replaced.

Mike

dsc_0131.jpg

Lindsay Todd29/11/2014 18:55:34
1739 forum posts
1805 photos

Picked up one of these airframes that was being used as a display model but really badly assembled and missing a few parts, most things I can work around but could do with some knowledge about how the undercarriage is assembled, anyone got a photo they can share showing the assembly, I may need to buy or fabricate a few bits I'm guessing. Also need all the control horns and tail wheel assembly, probably difficult to get hold of so again will need to fabricate but having paid £15 I can't really complain. Linds

Jon - Laser Engines30/11/2014 10:26:36
5510 forum posts
268 photos

Hi Mike, just to clarify something about my suggestion to add right thrust. Adding right thrust will reduce the torque swing in the horizontal (yaw) axis but will do nothing to stop the torque from rolling the model.

This is because there are two forces at work. One is a torque reaction which pulls the nose of the model to the left and can be corrected with right thrust. The other is simply the old 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction'. ie the amount of force needed to turn the prop in one direction must be cancelled out by a force in the opposite direction. as such you need more lift on one wing than the other and it most noticeable when the model is slow (due to % of total force and all that jazz). As a result you need right rudder to keep the nose straight and right aileron to keep the wings straight.

This pic shows a spitfire doing exactly that **LINK** and if you look on youtube there are some videos that show it as well

Edited By Jon Harper on 30/11/2014 10:33:18

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!