Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Green Air Designs

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
pete taylor15/03/2014 22:01:52
353 forum posts
164 photos

For once I’m struggling to think of a suitable word or phrase to sum up my dealings with a UK based model manufacturing company (the very title “company” might grace the outfit concerned with more credence that it deserves!)

Some time ago I agreed with this lot to exchange a sizeable quantity of raw material for the promise of a kit that they produced using said material. This cleared my shed nicely, obtained the object of my desire and got the aforesaid lot out of a bit of a crisis without anyone spending any money so far. Pints all round! wink

I was even prepared to deliver the stuff FOC which entailed a total of around 220 miles all in.

Can anyone see where this is heading yet?

Raw material delivered (about £400 worth no less) Raw material used up. Any sign of my bit of the bargain?.... No chance! Phone call, emails etc all produced plausible excuses and the right sort of noises and promises, yet some 9 months later still no sign of a kit in my direction. crying

Sooo....email the mobsters again....no reply in over a week. Popped a waspish message onto their web forum only to have it removed within the hour! No problem methinks, obviously rattled someone’s bars with that – expect a response fairly soon. That was 2 weeks ago and still not a squeak! The company is still there, still trading, still taking orders and producing new models no less. angry

I’m sure there’s a word for this kind of behaviour and I’m extremely keen that fellow modellers don’t get duped the way that I’ve been. No names or pack drill here, but a PM may reveal all.

Any ideas folks?

Joe Beavis15/03/2014 22:22:17
101 forum posts

I am jumping to the conclusion that as you presumably thought you were dealing with decent folk, you have no receipt for your material?

pete taylor15/03/2014 22:24:32
353 forum posts
164 photos
It didn't cross my mind for a moment...handshakes, fellow modellers etc.
Silly me eh???
Tony Bennett15/03/2014 22:27:42
5082 forum posts
129 photos

now that is nasty.

no chance of small claims court then. sad

pete taylor15/03/2014 22:37:46
353 forum posts
164 photos
I agree Tony, totally out of order, but it's really not worth the aggro. Much as it pains me to take that view.
WolstonFlyer15/03/2014 22:41:16
2104 forum posts
189 photos
Totally out of order... so who is it then?
kevin b15/03/2014 22:43:17
1898 forum posts
150 photos

You have copies of e-mails ? A verbal contract is binding and if they have acknowledged the debt and given excuses for not fulfilling their part of the agreement, then you do have a case. Provided they are still trading. Got any legal friends ?

kevinb.

pete taylor15/03/2014 23:09:03
353 forum posts
164 photos
I've got all of the papertrail, but I really don't need the hassle at the moment. As I said, it rattles me to take that view.
pete taylor15/03/2014 23:13:39
353 forum posts
164 photos
No names just yet, I'll give them another couple of days to pick up on this. That way I can't be accused of not playing fair!
Martin Harris15/03/2014 23:25:06
9505 forum posts
256 photos

Rather than a PM, and making the reasonable assumption that the facts are as indicated, surely it would be better to state the full details so that mistaken assumptions aren't made about similar and reputable companies?

And inform them that you've put the facts in the public domain so that they have the opportunity to explain their side - if they can...

I'm sure a mod will comment quickly if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's anything in the forum code of conduct to stop you mentioning names as long as you are simply stating the facts of a case and have given the firm a reasonable chance to resolve the situation.

(EDIT - post crossed with your latest one, Pete T)

Edited By Martin Harris on 15/03/2014 23:26:53

Pete B - Moderator15/03/2014 23:25:56
7675 forum posts
734 photos

You don't necessarily need any legal friends, Pete - nor a hitman....smile

Contacting your local County Court for advice and guidance is the best first move or, alternatively, have a browse of the PDF's here. EX301, 302 and 306 are the most appropriate.

If you reach the stage of completing forms make sure you detail ALL your expenses incurred.

The likelihood is that once the other party knows you are commencing legal proceedings they will very rapidly resolve the situation. Don't take any flannel or more excuses - take your business elsewhere.

If the facts are as clear-cut as you have outlined it should be relatively straightforward. Companies don't like CCJ's. awarded against them - it's bad for business.

Pete

I've just seen Martin's post toosmile Provided you have a good read of the link he has provided and comply with the conditions relating to the naming of companies, I don't see any reason why the company should not be named here. However, it would be preferable if you were to first email them a link to this thread and see how they respond. Keep it polite  and play it by the book - it will be to your benefit, I'm sure.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 15/03/2014 23:37:06

Depron Daz15/03/2014 23:39:45
760 forum posts
173 photos

It's also bad for obtaining any credit when they need it. Send them a registered letter and a copy via email, stating that unless you get a response from them within 7 days from date of receipt, that it is to what you had both agreed upon, detailing within that letter that you have upheld your side of the deal, then civil proceedings will follow.

Your local CAB can also advise re civil remedies.

pete taylor16/03/2014 00:02:24
353 forum posts
164 photos
Martin, Pete, Daz, et al..
Many grateful thanks for all of your advice and support, its much appreciated.
I had a good read of the guidelines before I posted anything here and I sincerely believe that fellow modellers would be well advised to use caution when dealing with this company (they surprised me and I've a fair reputation for sniffing out rats!)
That said, I'll give them an opportunity to pick up on this thread before doing anything else. Their friends may walk among us!
Daz, thanks again for your advice, I know its sound. On the upside, the lack of a kit has freed up a couple of very tasty edf units for the large depron Vulcan sulking part-built in the corner!!! Every cloud...

Edited By pete taylor on 16/03/2014 00:04:23

pete taylor16/03/2014 11:51:17
353 forum posts
164 photos
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 15/03/2014 23:25:56:

You don't necessarily need any legal friends, Pete - nor a hitman....smile

Contacting your local County Court for advice and guidance is the best first move or, alternatively, have a browse of the PDF's here. EX301, 302 and 306 are the most appropriate.

If you reach the stage of completing forms make sure you detail ALL your expenses incurred.

The likelihood is that once the other party knows you are commencing legal proceedings they will very rapidly resolve the situation. Don't take any flannel or more excuses - take your business elsewhere.

If the facts are as clear-cut as you have outlined it should be relatively straightforward. Companies don't like CCJ's. awarded against them - it's bad for business.

Pete

I've just seen Martin's post toosmile Provided you have a good read of the link he has provided and comply with the conditions relating to the naming of companies, I don't see any reason why the company should not be named here. However, it would be preferable if you were to first email them a link to this thread and see how they respond. Keep it polite and play it by the book - it will be to your benefit, I'm sure.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 15/03/2014 23:37:06

Excellent idea Pete, thanks.

pete taylor17/03/2014 21:30:41
353 forum posts
164 photos

A quick update for the benefit of anyone reading this thread.

I sent an email asking for a swift resolution to my problem to those concerned, with a link to this thread and have had not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement. So, as promised...these are the people I'd always assumed to be with the good guys;

Green Air Designs, aka GAD, Gen V or the Electric Jet Centre is the outfit that I can only advise to treat with the utmost caution.

I'm most perturbed at having to take this line, but will be sending GAD a letter conforming to the required pre action protocol tomorrow and will, rest assured keep everyone informed of developments.

Thanks again for all of the advice so far, it's been most valuable.

Pete

Depron Daz17/03/2014 22:10:44
760 forum posts
173 photos

I hope you get the required result Pete.

Paul C.17/03/2014 22:29:57
677 forum posts
159 photos

Hi Pete I can see that this was a difficult post for you to make but some times you just have to bite the bullet and say it how it is. Thanks for the heads up and hope to can get a resolution to your issue, I would not loose any sleep over this from what I can see you have done everything you could to resolve this amicably.

cymaz18/03/2014 08:40:17
9334 forum posts
1211 photos

GAD have now lost business I suspect, poor customer service soon gets around in the modelling world.

ken anderson.18/03/2014 09:27:32
8752 forum posts
810 photos

indeed a tale of woe Pete......during the nineties I built a model from a plan in the RCME and duly sent off my dosh for a set of decals to a company that the original designer recommended...and received nothing...my calls were ignored etc.....I got in touch with one of the consumer columns in one of our local newspapers and bingo I got what I had paid for.......and a couple of years later same again with a 'British' engine manufacturer who took my dosh and didn't want to keep his side of the deal...so I again asked the newspaper people to intervene...and I got what I had paid for........I think what tends to happen in our country is a lot of these service's are one man affairs.....and some of them don't give a jot about customer service as such.......just watch the bbc watchdog programme for examples.....I hope that things come good for you......and the company you mention deliver's what you have paid for.....keep us informed..

ken Anderson ne...1 ......... consumer's dept.

IanR18/03/2014 10:12:43
780 forum posts
4 photos

I just don't get it. If your selling beds, or kitchens, something that everybody needs then perhaps you can afford to be blasé about customer satisfaction - there's always another mug in the queue waiting to be ripped off.

But if you're selling to the RC modelling world, well...there are so few of us and, whether its on forums or at the clubs, we all talk to one another. As Cymaz says, word soon gets around our small community.

I hope that GAD appreciate Pete's £400 quids worth of materials because their turnover is sure to take a big drop.

Ian

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!