Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

What's flying over your house

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Devcon120/08/2019 13:29:07
1373 forum posts
486 photos

Couldn't get any text on the post. Just happen to be overlooking Croyde Bay working my way back home after an epic bike ride and heard a noise to my right. Assuming it's a C130 or similar.

Steven Shaw20/08/2019 13:47:29
323 forum posts
172 photos

I could hear the people in the basket tailing.

hot air ballon.jpg

Devcon120/08/2019 13:52:07
1373 forum posts
486 photos

20190820_130937.jpg

David P Williams27/08/2019 18:24:58
851 forum posts
282 photos

So I was just relaxing in my armchair, perusing the latest RCME mag just delivered, and reading about the EFlite V22 Osprey when an unusaul aircraft sound outside made me look up to see a full size Osprey reefing round the corner of the valley and flying straight over the house at a couple of hundred feet.

Yesterday it was an A400M at the same height or possibly lower heading the other way. It's usually Hawks from Valley or Hercules or Chinooks (at treetop height). Our valley is one of the routes out to the tactical manoevering area in mid-Wales and the Mach Loop. They use different valleys in rotation it seems, and it's obviously our turn this week. Even if I have a camera or phone to hand I'm never quick enough as by the time your hear them they're overhead. Great fun though.

Nigel R28/08/2019 08:33:56
3099 forum posts
479 photos

B-52s today from Fairford. And some helicopters, possibly Merlins, I'm not too sure on the rotary stuff.

Last night, B2 Spirits came overhead although I didn't actively see them, they were reported in the paper (callsign "DEATH" according to the local rag).

En route to Georgia, I believe, part of Nato show of strength on Russia's doorstep. And I thought the cold war was over...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us