By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Slopes near Tintagel(Cornwall)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Tayler30/05/2014 12:21:19
96 forum posts

Dear All, Next week I will be on holiday near St Endelion in Cornwall. Could anyone advise me which club I should contact to ensure that I do not upset anyone by flying where I should not, and to advise re slopes and access for various wind directions. The forcast fortunately has some west winds in it. Thank you.

Tim Tolhurst30/05/2014 12:59:45
11 forum posts

Davidstow MFC is the closest to St Endellion/Tintagel, followed by Bude MFC and then St Austell I would think. They're all BMFA affiliated and on the website. I don't do slope flying I'm afraid so can't recommend, but I'm sure there are plenty of suitable sites around here.

Steve Houghton 130/05/2014 13:17:27
1895 forum posts
128 photos

Most sea cliff slopes are fine to fly from, just keep clear of the emmets walking along the coastal paths and, remember that if you are on National Trust land you cannot use a motor.

I fly off Rame Head and Whitesands Bay area when I visit my son down there and I know there are a few locals who fly around the St, Ives area. Click HERE for more details.

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.co.uk

cymaz30/05/2014 19:53:59
8817 forum posts
1195 photos

Does THIS help ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? wink

David Tayler31/05/2014 09:36:43
96 forum posts

Thank you for those responses, packing the planes today! David

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us