4978 forum posts
3624 photos

Thanks all

Hope to be at Ashbourne on Sunday with it

Martyn

Gordon Whitehead 120/10/2019 21:44:33
332 forum posts
153 photos

Well Martyn did take the Chippy to Ashbourne and flew it a treat in quite blustery conditions. The model handled really well and Martyn gave it a pretty good wringing out. It looked as if he'd been flying it for some time, so I was surprised to learn that the first flight of several at Ashbourne was only the model's second time in the air, replete with loops, rolls and stall turns. A great big WELL DONE is in order!! The model looked so neat in flight that I now think that I too need a Chippy!

Gordon

Martyn K20/10/2019 21:53:50
4978 forum posts
3624 photos

Thanks Gordon, and thanks stealing my camera and taking the photo... Much appreciated laugh

asd129.jpg

Martyn K20/10/2019 23:12:27
4978 forum posts
3624 photos

P.S. Despite having only limited rudder throw, it also spins very nicely.

The biggest problem is getting it to slow down, even on tick over you have to hold the nose down to get it to descend,,

The stall is very mushy but it will flick if you are careless. Or at least mine does..

Martyn

Geoff Sleath21/10/2019 00:37:32
3423 forum posts
295 photos

The solution to getting the power source to slow down is quite easy. Just ask Gordon because I'm quite sure he doesn't have that problem with his Tiggie. Sorry I'm beig so contentious

I hadn't realised your flying of the Chippie was at such an early stage of what I hope is a long one in its career. It flew well, or in any case you flew it well. It looked great. Pity the wind was in such a tricky direction.

Geoff

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us