Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Summer's here! Who's been flying?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cuban804/10/2014 11:30:48
2809 forum posts
1 photos

The wife and I spent a very enjoyable weekend with the caravan at the recent Modelair meeting at Old Warden. Just took my Zlin 526 this time but had a wonderful time with plenty of R/C flying on both days, and loads of chatting with fellow flyers, exchanging ideas and info on models etc. Weather absolutely perfect with the light wind straight down the runway for most of the time.

Had a stroll on Sunday evening to see the llamas and Wallabies in the nearby paddock, and on the way back along the flight line met Dave Bishop and had a wonderful chat with him for twenty minutes or so. What a really nice man he is and so knowledgeable about all aspects of model and full size aviation.

Percy Verance07/10/2014 21:32:33
8108 forum posts
155 photos

A great place C8. I attended the Scale Weekends for about 30 years in a row, and flew at a fair number of them too. I still have the sticker on my old transmitter from when you registered to fly. It was run by by one of the mags way back then. A great way to spend a weekend if you're into anything scale. I even enjoyed mixing with the free flighters when you could do such things. They're all fenced off now though, such is H&S..........

ken anderson.12/10/2014 09:23:33
8477 forum posts
773 photos

yesterday at BVRMC......nice day for October....

wp_20141011_001.jpg

ken Anderson...ne....1....weather dept.

Tony Bennett12/10/2014 09:27:50
5080 forum posts
129 photos

not flown for months, just lost interest in flying at the moment.

ken anderson.12/10/2014 09:35:32
8477 forum posts
773 photos

tony-there's a 4 day heat wave heading to us for next week end............according to the forecasts ...

ken Anderson...ne...1 predictive seaweed dept.

Percy Verance12/10/2014 10:17:53
8108 forum posts
155 photos

I'll be out flying after lunch today, as will several other club members I'm told.........

ken anderson.12/10/2014 11:04:49
8477 forum posts
773 photos

well done Percy-some of the lads in our club have to have a signed pass out before they are allowed out of their prison's/homes ....you know the sort-run around shouting that they wear the pant's etc......and when you look close-their heads are covered in peck marks.... teeth 2 ...

ken Anderson....ne.....1..... pants for the lads dept.

Percy Verance12/10/2014 19:30:23
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Thankfully Ken, my partner (we're not married, but been together for decades) often helps me to cut the strip prior to a Club flying session. I've even managed to show her how to start and drive the ride-on mower while I prepare the other stuff (windsock, kettle, chairs etc).

I do feel very sorry for the hen pecked ones though, as most clubs seem to have a few.

Edited By Percy Verance on 12/10/2014 19:30:55

cymaz12/10/2014 19:57:28
8814 forum posts
1195 photos

I'm lucky to for flying. Jo and I have been together for 31 years...married for 27 of those...ahhh.

She makes the club lads cake every week, is my helper on flying shows. Couldn't do it without her help and support.....I've got to stop now ! I'm welling upheart

Pete B - Moderator15/10/2014 22:11:57
7596 forum posts
732 photos

You both looked every part the perfect couple at Greenacres, Cymaz........rosethumbs up

Don't recall seeing any cakes, though...teeth 2

Today Terry came up for the first time since his great odyssey through Spain, sporting a fair tan for a ginger....wink 2 I now have an extension lead again, last seen supplying Fatscoleymo's caravan at Marmande - and the gin and Jamesons I carelessly left in Terry's campersmile p

A tad cooler and cloudier than recently but Terry's P2000, E-Flite Cub and foamy 109 all got an airing, the 109 unfortunately losing a tip of the three-blader on its first - very gentle, long grass - landing. I flew the VMAR Fournier as it hadn't had a trip for a while, together with the HK Spacewalker, which for about £50 is a real steal and is my current 'hack':

spacewalker aug 2014 014 (custom).jpg

To my shame, a 'dumb thumbs' moment occurred at the end of the RF4's second flight, when I misjudged the final turn after a long power-off descentembarrassed For the third time in its eventful life, it decided to regain terra firma via an oak wood... should be a 'Phoenix' model, by rights...wink 2

'International Rescue' indeed....teeth 2 Anyway, the aviation Gods smiled on me and the total damage after that trip down the ugly tree was just the fin......smile
Pete
cymaz16/10/2014 04:27:27
8814 forum posts
1195 photos

Why thank you PeteB.

No more summer now in Cornwall all wet 'n' windy.....a bit like summer really !!!

brfc718/10/2014 18:27:15
400 forum posts
140 photos

Been out this afternoon 3.30 - 5. I was the only one their but that was probably down to it been a bit windy at 18 mph and 24 mph gusts. I had a couple of nice flights with my Exocet delta with os 46 la that hasn't been out for about 4 years only down side was I unfortunately snapped a prop on every landing as the motor wouldn't full stop argh sad

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also had a flight with my Twinstar 2 which was great fun in the wind. So all in was a nice couple of hours except the £10 worth of props

Baz

Steve Colman18/10/2014 18:56:31
730 forum posts
419 photos

Four and a half hours at the club this morning; an absolutely beautiful day with temps in the low to mid 20's and more or less dead calm.

I took advantage of the conditions and flew my Jamara Fournier RF4 as it hadn't had an outing for more than six months. Very nice just to cruise around on minimal power for some slow, gentle circuits and fly by's. Later the Arcus F3A bipe had a few more flights followed by my trusty old Calmato ST1400.

Highlight of the day for me though was having a first try at flying an autogyro. I have a half built "Crane Fly Light" designed by Tom Wright. Why i never finished it I don't know. However, having successfully flown a friends HK Durafly AG today I'm now keen to finish the build.

ken anderson.03/11/2014 15:23:44
8477 forum posts
773 photos

12c/ish today in ne....1 land......Enrico type of weather(windy)...one flight at our club site....14.30 low sun etc...... one of the lads had his winter suit on-looked like he was off to the north pole............

ken Anderson...ne...1...... north pole dept.

David Ashby - Moderator03/11/2014 15:37:21
10922 forum posts
1680 photos
610 articles

Yes, perhaps it's time for a new thread Ken. Summer seems a while back now.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 04/11/2014 15:50:17

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us