By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Sig Four Star 120 for sale

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John E ( Puffin Models )20/07/2014 19:40:11
35 forum posts

I am just finishing a Sig Four Star 120 kit build.

At various stages during the bulid it was going to be electric powered, powered by an MVVS 26cc petrol, and MVVS .90 glow. I have built a torsion box into the wing using 1/16th rear spar webs, and cross bracing between each rib, and this has made the wing extremely stiff for minimal extra weight. The model has engine mounts for both MVVS 26 petrol, and .90 to 1.20 engines. The covering is Graupner "Superfoli" in Cub Yellow, and there is a Graupner tailwheel assembly. I have also tapped the wing fixings at M6 rather than using the American wing fixing bolts. This model was built for my own use, has good glue joints throughout, and it is well fuel proofed before covering. Consider it a quality ARTF!

I am looking to make space for new projects in my workshop, so this is the logical one to go. Any interest?

John

John E ( Puffin Models )10/09/2014 13:18:31
35 forum posts

There is interest in this - from me!

After looking at all the power options that might reasonably fit, and my own requirement of using 40:1 petrol mix, I fitted the MVVS 26 (Evolution 1.60) that was sitting in my Graupner Starlet (which now gets a MVVS 30). The 26 is WAY too much power for the Four Star, so the throttle will be limited to make the power level more realistic. For balance, the ignition is in the battery bay, and the 4xSubC NiMh receiver pack has gone in the tank bay - the 500ml tank sits neatly in the front of the radio bay!

Only the final radio fit is to be done and this becomes a valued sports model to join my Four Star 20 electric - also MVVS powered!

John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us