Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Holidays for modellers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Cole13/07/2007 10:53:00
615 forum posts
24 photos
I've just had an EXCELLENT and reasonably-priced holiday, and wondered if other modellers have had similar experience elsewhere?

I returned to R/C model flying a couple of years after I retired, but found it difficult to get in enough flying to make substantial progress. So in May I went to "RC Hotel" in Corfu ( www.rchotel.com ).

RC Hotel is NOT just a school, it's a holiday centre for people interested in RC, primarily aircraft. It's for complete beginners and real experts. Use the hotel 'planes or bring your own. Fly unsupervised (if competent, after a check-flight) or under instruction. Fly occasionally, or three hours a day as I did.

RC Hotel is very friendly; Spiros and Rula Tsellas are excellent hosts. Their hotel (West of Gouvia in the countryside) offers good food, comfortable air-conditioned accommodation, peaceful surroundings, a great pool and (of course) good flying 09:00 to dusk with a siesta-gap from 13:00 to 17:00. While I was there about half the flyers had brought their wives and half not. Excursions are organised most afternoons.

RC Hotel started at another site in 2000 and the new hotel opened in 2005. Most of the guests I met had been before, many several times: a lot knew each other, but welcomed new visitors like me.

We had three instructors. There were usually 36 aircraft ready to fly, all with their assigned transmitter no peg-board needed. Of these, 5 were fixed-wing trainers with dual transmitters. One-hour slots were booked the night before; I flew fixed-wing and flew 40-50 minutes per one-hour slot. At the beginning of the holiday, I could lurch round the sky; after 15 hours I could fly all the A-cert manoeuvres (badly!).

I told Spiros that I'd had a great time, learned more than I expected, and would recommend RC Hotel to anyone hence this post.

John Cole13/07/2007 18:41:00
615 forum posts
24 photos
I've just added a few pix to the Gallery; here's the first - some of the fixed-wing fleet. See the other 3 on the Gallery:

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us