Forum sponsored by CML

Goodbye Robin Williams

1951-2014 R.I.P. Funny man

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Depron Daz12/08/2014 20:25:58
760 forum posts
173 photos

You've probably heard about the sad passing of the comedy actor Robin Williams. It is suspected (awaits post mortem at time of posting) that he decided to take his own life due to heavy depression.

I heard this on my way to work this morning, and was actually deeply saddened by it. I have loved the guy since first seeing him in the US sitcom Mork and Mindy (Nah-noo nah-noo) back in the late 70's. Robin appeared as Mork in an episode of Happy Days when he tried to abduct Richie, but was foiled by The Fonz, and so the series Mork & Mindy spun off from that.

He has had many box office hit films, like Good Morning Vietnam, the lovely Mrs Doubtfire (of which he was about to start filming part 2 next year) Jumanji, Dead Poets Society, Night at the museum (x3), Good Will Hunting, Happy Feet, the list goes on and is almost endless.

He had suffered depression for a long time, and as a sufferer myself sometimes quite heavy, I can see why some decide to end their dark days too soon. For whatever reason he had, I'm sure that he didn't act selfishly. For a man who's life job was to make other people happy and smile, he carried a very dark secret.

I would just like to say that if you suffer from depression, or know someone who does, help is out there. Please don't suffer in silence.

Robin Williams, 1951-2014. R.I.P. funny man. You made me laugh thousands of times. God be with you my friend.

Tony Bennett12/08/2014 20:29:39
5082 forum posts
129 photos

fully agree with you sir.

and understand being a fellow sufferer.

he will be missed. crying

cymaz12/08/2014 20:33:32
9252 forum posts
1195 photos

Daughter and I were just talking about the death of RW?..

There is a thin fine line separating genious and tragedy. He was in great company in that fact, Spike Milligan, Tony Hancock, Charlie Chaplin to name a few.

God bless him

Josip Vrandecic -Mes12/08/2014 20:58:08
2993 forum posts
260 photos

R.I.P. sad.... Good Will Hunting....for all time.thumbs up

john stones 112/08/2014 20:59:58
11513 forum posts
1516 photos

Very talented man and by all accounts a very good human being.

Sad daysad

John

Terry Walters12/08/2014 21:34:41
1829 forum posts
1068 photos

Loved his stuff! Will miss him - a very funny man! Sad....sad

Terry

pete taylor12/08/2014 21:56:43
353 forum posts
164 photos
"I would just like to say that if you suffer from depression, or know someone who does, help is out there. Please don't suffer in silence.

Robin Williams, 1951-2014. R.I.P. funny man. You made me laugh thousands of times. God be with you my friend."

I couldn't agree with you more Daz...if the loss of such an outstanding talent raises awareness of and reduces the stigma attached to mental illness, then there will be yet another glittering achievement to add to Robin's career.

May you be at peace at last Robin, thank you and may God bless you.

Pete

Edited By pete taylor on 12/08/2014 22:00:07

Depron Daz12/08/2014 22:36:26
760 forum posts
173 photos

Nice one Pete. yes

Just watched one of his comedy shows, Weapon of self destruction. I won't link it as it has adult content, but that was a most enjoyable 90 minutes smiley

Edited By Budgie Daz on 12/08/2014 22:39:28

Colin Leighfield12/08/2014 23:03:09
5996 forum posts
2503 photos

Well said Daz. Hearing this today made me feel very sad.

Concorde Speedbird12/08/2014 23:18:33
2734 forum posts
650 photos

He helped make my childhood a happier place, I loved watching Flubber as well as all the other films. I've been watching his stand up, such a brilliant comedian.

Very sad, my condolences to his family.

CS

Lindsay Todd12/08/2014 23:28:39
1739 forum posts
1805 photos

Patch Adams was a superb film and in so many ways tragic given today's sad news. He now at least has found peace I hope sat amongst his comic genius colleagues and friends. Depression is far more common and most of us at sometime in our lives probably get affected directly or indirectly. Events such as this make you realize you are not alone and that's a good thing. Rest in peace RW. Linds

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!