Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Problem with Auto G2

Auto start won't work.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gavin Livsey06/09/2014 17:51:13
113 forum posts

Hoping someone else has had the same problem. I can't get the auto start system to work. I'm running an FrSky 6ch rx on a Futaba T7, my usual set up. When everything is connected up as it should be the auto start won't work. The auto start esc is plugged into Ch5. If I remove the plug from the rx and connect the lead to a servo tester the auto start works. If I connect a spare servo to Ch5 and flick the nominated switch on the tx it works. I have upped the end point on both sides of Ch5 in case the esc isn't getting a clear enough signal and still it doesn't work. So something is going wrong between the rx and the esc.

Any ideas?

jolliffee06/09/2014 18:29:35
123 forum posts
16 photos

You need to use the BALANCE plug... This is what runs the main blades. The front motor goes into channel 3wink

Gavin Livsey06/09/2014 19:52:45
113 forum posts

Yes, I know. Everything is plugged in where it should be.

Allan Bennett06/09/2014 21:36:30
1571 forum posts
44 photos

Is the ESC not arming because it's initially not getting a zero signal?

Frank Skilbeck06/09/2014 22:28:07
4522 forum posts
101 photos

Have you tried plugging the autostart ESC into the throttle channel to see if it works there, if it does it means that it's not arming when it's plugged into the other channel (does it need reversing?), if it doesn't work in the throttle channel, and the main ESC does, there then there is a compatibility issue with the autostart ESC and receiver.

Gavin Livsey07/09/2014 08:46:05
113 forum posts
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 06/09/2014 22:28:07:

Have you tried plugging the autostart ESC into the throttle channel to see if it works there, if it does it means that it's not arming when it's plugged into the other channel (does it need reversing?), if it doesn't work in the throttle channel, and the main ESC does, there then there is a compatibility issue with the autostart ESC and receiver.

Frank. That's about the only thing I haven't tried. I'm taking it to the patch today and will try it.

Frank Skilbeck07/09/2014 09:33:19
4522 forum posts
101 photos

One more thing you could try is plugging the main motor ESC into channel 5 and see if it works there, if it doesn't then the issue is with the Tx/Rx not sending a pulse signal that allows the ESC to arm on channel 5

Note it should work I have a G2 (but with my Multiplex Tx) and the auotstart works fine, I have mine on a pushbutton but a switch should work equally well.

Delta Whiskey16/02/2015 18:05:41
1320 forum posts
90 photos

I've just put mine together, and noticed the pre rotator motor would not always work, after a few goes unplugging and re plugging in the battery, (inc the balance lead plug) it would start again, you can see the flex on the shaft for the intial loading so I think after a bit of use it will work everytime - time will tell I guess !

onetenor05/03/2015 03:59:06
1900 forum posts

Try another esc/servo

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us