Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Hobby king fly in

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike Rieder07/09/2014 08:56:37
44 forum posts
15 photos

Great day at the Hobby king fly in yesterday, loads of great flying and full size displays etc.. Better than a lot of the paid for events as it was aimed at normal sports flyers. Who had a good time. Pity RCME don't recognise that most of us buying there mag use HK so a bit of coverage would be-useful rather than pretending they are not there.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/09/2014 09:57:13

John Privett07/09/2014 10:27:36
6037 forum posts
240 photos

One of our club members said he was thinking of going. We didn't see him yesterday so I assume he did go! I'll ask him about it if I see him this afternoon.

It's a bit of a trek from where we are, but if it gets more positive responses like Mike's then it's got to be worth considering for next year.

Simon B07/09/2014 12:21:39
1936 forum posts
284 photos

Mike, Try buying RCMF. It's practically a HK fanzine. Advert for a plane on one page, glowing review on the next...

Edited By Simon B on 07/09/2014 12:21:59

Essjay07/09/2014 12:36:21
578 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by Simon B on 07/09/2014 12:21:39:

Mike, Try buying RCMF. It's practically a HK fanzine. Advert for a plane on one page, glowing review on the next...

Edited By Simon B on 07/09/2014 12:21:59

I would say more of a Horizon Hobby fanzine than HK, having just read this months copy!

Simon B07/09/2014 16:47:49
1936 forum posts
284 photos

Hah yes, I've seen that, but normally it's just full of thinly veiled advertorial for HK...

john straw07/09/2014 21:41:35
10 forum posts

Congratulations to the Hobbyking Team.

A very good day.A super flying sight,great hospitality(Free food and drinks for everyone!!!!!)

Great full size flying display.

Two areas where I think could be improved-

1.Pilots registration.Very slow due to only one guy(who was constantly distracted by other things)doing the job when it could easily have a team working together.

2.Flight line organisation in the afternoon.In the morning a full complement of models flying,pm someone decides things need organising,resulting in long periods when nothing is flying resulting in pilots becoming frustrated at the delays and leaving early.

Was it a coincidence that the same guy was responsible for both.

Thanks to all at HobbyKing for all their hard work,looking forward to next year already.

John Privett07/09/2014 22:49:44
6037 forum posts
240 photos
Posted by John Privett on 07/09/2014 10:27:36:

One of our club members said he was thinking of going. We didn't see him yesterday so I assume he did go! I'll ask him about it if I see him this afternoon.

Well, I saw him this afternoon, he did go yesterday and he had a great time there. Having full-size as well as model display flying in addition to being able to fly himself seemed to a big hit - with him at least! I can see possibly a few more of our club members going there next time.

john stones 107/09/2014 23:10:58
11194 forum posts
1507 photos

A club mate went he said it was great, not many H.K. models flying though and he got fed for freeteeth 2

John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us