First look..... - 10/9/09
We think the clean, fresh styling is very attractive.
Ripmax in the UK and Futaba have announced a new radio system in the form of this Field Force 8 (8FG) due to arrive in the UK very soon.
Reflecting a clean, fresh styling, the 8-channel system offers eight proportional channels and two switched channels. It's aimed at the upper-level sport flyer as well as the entry- to mid-level competition pilot. Other features include
- An SD card slot (32MB - 2GB) for unlimited model memories and software updates.
- "Real-time" response with 2048 resolution and low latency.
- Balanced for 2.4GHz flyers right from the box.
- The now traditional scroll/push programming wheel has been replaced by a SensorTouch™ pad which lets pilots navigate through menus with "unprecedented speed and ease", using only a light touch.
- The 128 x 64 backlit LCD screen offers adjustable contrast for clear viewing in any light conditions.
Designed to fill the gap between the FF7 and the FF10, it looks like the new system will be packaged and sold as a combo with a receiver. The full spec' is still awaited so more news when we have it.