The RCM&E Autumn Special Issue (that appears between the Oct and Nov issues) goes on sale 25 Sept, subscribers will receive their copy in the next few days (the US retail cover is below).
It’s a packed edition and includes the free 2-sheet Westland Lysander plan, heaps of tutorials and some great reviews too.
Enjoy more RCM&E reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
- Here it is then in all its glory, the 66″ span Lysander voted for by RCM&E readers. Bags of character and it flies very well – look out for the video soon.
- The Next Step – Nigel Hawes looks at the practical considerations when you decide to electrify large models.
- Soft Stuff – Dave Royds with a tutorial on foam modelling, everything you need to know from glues to tools, techniques and paints!
- Hold That Tune – Brian Winch with advice on getting that your i.c. engines perfectly on song.
- Paint Your Wagon – Julian Beckett describes how he achieves his amazing paint finishes and outlines some simple step-by-step techniques for sucess.
- Fan-tastic – Nigel Hawes has a complete review of the EDF genre, looking at all the popular fan sizes and discovers that er…size isn’t everything!
- The Fast Lane – ever wanted to get into Dynamic Soaring? What to fly? When and how to fly it? Andy Ellison is your guide.
- ESCs Demystified – In his latest ‘Demystified’ Tim Mackey (Timbo) sheds light on the humble ESC.
- Airframe Essentials – Alex Whittaker brings his beginners guide to structural niceties of model design.
- Albatros – We point the spotlight at Pat Cuss’ utterly convincing bipe.
- Elan – Andy Ellison flies Boomerang’s curvy twin-boom jet.
- Elektro Trainer S – Graupner’s new multi-purpose ‘Swiss army knife’ of a model!
- Spitfire – The sport-scale fighter from Phoenix Models.
- BAe Hawk – Nigel Hawes does EDF on a budget with a cute little fan jet.
- Carden Edition Yak – Steve Sales hits the big time with Hangar 9’s whopper aerobat.
- Someone has to win a fantastic Phoenix ARTF Spitfire 60 and ASP 80 four-stroke package worth over £250!
- Lysander – Dave Roberts looks at the life and times of Westland’s hedge hopper. Was it easy to fly? And why did it end up doing the dirty work?
It’s an issue you won’t want to miss so be sure to pick up your copy for just £4.99. Better still, why not save yourself some money over the long run and get your copy before anyone else by subscribing?
Although now no longer in UK newsagents, you can order this issue online at www.myhobbystore.com.