Seagull's new PC-6 Porter, first unveiled at Nuremburg earlier this year has now arrived in the UK. The attractive model is beautifully made from laser-cut balsa and ply and covered in a satin finish, printed Oracover. It's designed for i.c. or electric power for which a full conversion kit is included while an underbelly hatch provides battery access.
Enjoy more RCM&E reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
A few scale touches (not fitted to model pictured) include a dummy fuselage light and antenna and should provide scope for builders to add their own operating lights too. It's an unusual and distinctive aeroplane making a rare appearance in ARTF form so we think it'll do well especially as the large wheels deliver a practical grass flying field capability. Look out for the RCM&E review soon.
- Name: PC-6 Porter
- Model type: ARTF semi-scale
- Manufacturer: Seagull
- UK distributor: J.Perkins Distribution www.jperkinsdistribution.co.uk
- Available from: All good model shops
- RRP: £142.99
- Wingspan: 63" (1600mm)
- Engine suggested: .46 – .52 two-stroke, .72 – .82 four-stroke or electric equivalent
- All-up weight: 6.2 – 7.1lbs
- Functions: Ailerons, elevator, rudder, throttle
- Servos: 5 standard servos (4 if electric powered)
Enjoy more RCM&E Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.