The Carl Goldberg Sophisticated Lady and Gentle Lady have long been recognized as two all-time favourite sailplanes and they're soon to be available in ARTF form from Great Planes.
The airframes on both have been re-engineered with laser-cut, interlocking parts and now arrive covered in genuine MonoKote® film featuring the same trim schemes as the iconic originals.
Enjoy more RCM&E reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Both machines have made thousands of friends around the world being stable and easy to handle even at the low speeds new pilots prefer. They’re forgiving teachers for first-timers, relaxing for old pros.
Sophisticated Lady ARTF:
• Lightweight balsa/ply construction with built-up wings
• Radio compartment reinforced with plywood
• Decals and instructions included
Wingspan: 78 in (1980 mm)
Weight: 27-30 oz (765-850 g)
Length: 42 in ((1060 mm)
Gentle Lady ARTF:
• Ideal for getting started right in flight or for relaxing afternoons of easy flying.
• A polyhedral, high-wing design adds comforting stability, as well as ample lift at low speeds.
• Great for hand launch or hi-start.
Wingspan: 79 in (2005 mm)
Weight: 32-36 oz (910-1020 g)
Length: 41 in (1040 mm)
Both will be available early April in the USA although a UK release date and pricing has yet to be confirmed.